Windows 10: Font looks blurry on some programs

Discus and support Font looks blurry on some programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, i'm having a problem... I've updated my OS last week from Windows 8.1 to 10, and from that moment, the font looks blurry on some programs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrracing89, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Font looks blurry on some programs

Hey guys, i'm having a problem... I've updated my OS last week from Windows 8.1 to 10, and from that moment, the font looks blurry on some programs. It's not cleartype, as I've already checked that and it looks as it should on some other places.

I'm attaching a picture showing this, on Chrome I see it blurry and on MS paint I see it ok:

https://imgur.com/uFRIA2z

it also happens in Adobe Reader, among other programs.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/mrracing89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrracing89, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Zaspera Win User

Font kind of blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Apr 18, 2020
  3. EBFH Win User
    Fonts is blurry in some programs

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

The font in the GUI of certain programs (programs that were installed by me the user) show in very blurry font

It doesn't occur in other programs

For example I run Nitro PDF Pro (a PDF editor). All its menu and screens show in blurry font as well as any PDF document that I open and view in this program.

I am on the recommended display settings (resolution, etc.) in the OS

Any idea how I can fix it?

4. Font looks blurry on some programs

Windows 10 Blurry fonts and Icons

Hello,

Blurry fonts and icons are sometimes due to enabling DPI scaling. To get more closely at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Is the issue still present if you are on safe mode?
    • Are those blurs and pixels is only showing on a particular location on your monitor? Is it also showing on fonts/icons regardless of the app or the program in use?
    • Can you send us a screenshot?

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Font looks blurry on some programs

1. Font looks blurry on some programs - Similar Threads - Font looks blurry

2. New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?: The below is Calibri 12 vs Aptos 12 in Edge/Outlook Web.The new font looks a bit larger for whatever reason but also blurry; note the softer left edge on the B for the Aptos one, vs the more abrupt left edge on the second smaller Calibri B.Has anyone else noticed this? or if...
  3. New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Aptos font looks bigger and blurry?: The below is Calibri 12 vs Aptos 12 in Edge/Outlook Web.The new font looks a bit larger for whatever reason but also blurry; note the softer left edge on the B for the Aptos one, vs the more abrupt left edge on the second smaller Calibri B.Has anyone else noticed this? or if...
  4. Some programs/windows looks really blurry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs/windows looks really blurry: Its really weird to explain but some programs and windows for example the windows recovery windows looks really blurry and not so sharp. Also my hide pictograms in the right corner. submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments]...
  5. Some programs appear blurry

Some programs appear blurry: My scale is set to (recommended) 150%, and while most programs are fine, many are blurry. I've googled and tried to find a fix, including running in compatibility mode with Windows 8, or click the "High DPI scaling override" checkbox in the compatibility tab > Change high DPI...
  6. Certain programs look muddy, blurry.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs look muddy, blurry.: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...
  7. Blurry fonts in some applications

Blurry fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] Faced the problem of blurring the fonts of some applications (presumably using / written using node.js). Observed in visual studio installer and VS Code. Problems started after installing Elixir through the chocolatey package manager. It all looks something like...
  8. Fonts is blurry in some programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts is blurry in some programs: I run Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit The font in the GUI of certain programs (programs that were installed by me the user) show in very blurry font It doesn't occur in other programs For example I run Nitro PDF Pro (a PDF editor). All its menu and screens show in blurry font as well...
  9. Blurry text on some windows and programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blurry text on some windows and programs: I recently acquired an MSI GX60 laptop which I installed Windows 10 onto, after it installed all its drivers and software automatically (something I particularly love about Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 7 & 8) it took me a while to notice that some programs would show a...
  10. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752