Windows 10: Font printing issue since last update

Discus and support Font printing issue since last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by frkmann, Aug 29, 2019.

1. frkmann Win User

Font printing issue since last update

My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy.

I tried doing a system restore but it failed and now the restore point from before the update has disappeared. I

can go through and uninstall all the updates but I'd rather find a quicker solution if possible.

I have Windows 10 Pro 1803 version with the 17134.885 OS build. I have attached an image with all the recent updates listed.

Can anyone help?

thanks,

Ian

Font printing issue since last update 185c1fb1-ef6a-40d4-a72d-b33f50109f0c?upload=true.jpg

:)

frkmann, Aug 29, 2019

2. Print font is to small to read after it is printed.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing font issues with windows 10, I will certainly help you.

Please share these details.

• Is this issue confined to any specific document that you are trying to print?
    • Did you check the printer settings?
    • What is the make and model of the printer?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the font and the text appear properly in the
    print preview
    of the file.

Method 2:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.

Printer troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 29, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Font printing issue since last update - Similar Threads - Font printing issue

2. Weird issues since last update probably ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issues since last update probably ?: Hey friends I'm not sure if my issue is related to latest updates or not but anyways here it goes... Earlier - when I turned on my laptop - the manufacturer page "Lenovo" used to start with a circling dots one for a few seconds before coming onto "Welcome" screen, now a days,...
  3. Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?: I can no longer select the print quality (e.g. draft etc.) when I open a PDF from Microsoft Edge (previously under "Other settings")... has it been painted or are they hiding somewhere else? Drucker:Seit dem letzten Windows Update keine Druckqualitätseinstellung mehr?
  4. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  5. printing problem since last update

printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  6. Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.: Since the last windows 10 update I can no longer get my HP Laserjet P4014N printer to print. I was online with HP for over an hour and in the end my printer still did not print. All the printer drivers that should have worked were tried and still no printing. and they...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538