Windows 10: Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working.

Discus and support Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the last update (I am on Build 15063 now) some of my fonts are messed up. I cannot see them from Corel Draw, there are blank spaces where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leunam12, Aug 28, 2017.

1. leunam12 Win User

Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working.

After the last update (I am on Build 15063 now) some of my fonts are messed up. I cannot see them from Corel Draw, there are blank spaces where the fonts are supposed to be. If I hover over the blank spaces then it says fontname (not found). If I go to my font navigator (Bitstream Font Navigator) I can see all the font names but if I click on the defective ones there is no preview. Re-installing the fonts does not work. The only workaround is to rebuild the font cache and reboot. After I do this everything is normal until the next reboot.

Thanks

:)

leunam12, Aug 28, 2017

2. Part of the installed fonts aren't visible on Windows 10

Hello!

Got some huge problem with Font families on freshly installed Windows 10 Pro (Standalone installation of W8.1 to W10 upgrade). After having system set, I'm installing whole font familly (ex. Geomanist, 18 styles), but system sees and shows only 12 styles
    or so. After I remove Font Family (which are 12 styles) from Fonts, missing styles from the Family shows as undeleted Font Family (those which were invisible). I've tries manually installing and uninstalling fonts, some regedit tricks, font manager (Nexus
    Fonts), but nothing works for me. On previous Windows 10 instance everything worked fine. Maybe someone had similar problem? Please help!

Tomek Bijaczyk, Aug 28, 2017
  3. FastLee Win User
    More about Win 10 Creators edition and font problems

All the info in the link you supplied dates back to 2015, well before there was a "Creators"edition. Let me reiterate:

In all the Creators Edition, Version 1703 up to and including Build 15063.447, any changes to installed fonts by the user and/or Windows 10 itself through Control Panel Font Settings do not survive after a second system reboot. Another curious symptom is
    that after the installation of any of the Cumulative Updates the font problems go away until the next reboot at which time the font problems return.

Something in the boot-up code restores the font configuration of the machine to some initial installation state. Even though new fonts are present in the fonts directory and the registry, they are somehow not activated/recognized for use by applications.
    When a new font is installed and the machine rebooted, that font is initially activated/recognized for use. Any subsequent reboot then erases/deletes that activation/recognition and returns the machine's available font configuration to some predetermined state
    defined at the installation of Win 10 Update to version 1703.

It would be helpful if Microsoft would at least acknowledge this problem and state whether or not they are working to solve it or clearly state that this is an intended Creators Edition design feature which they don't intend to change.

FastLee, Aug 28, 2017
  4. leunam12 Win User

Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working. [​IMG]

leunam12, Aug 29, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    There's more needed about that information, hold down the Windows key and press R, type winver and press Enter. You need to post the complete number shown such as OS Version 1703 Build 15063.xxx which for the latest update is 15063.540. Previous Versions have different build numbers. Having the full number may assist in determining if a particular build has the problem or the solution.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  6. leunam12 Win User
    Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)

leunam12, Aug 29, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Unfortunately not having Bitstream Font Navigator nor Corel Draw [Yes, I've used them in the past but not since WinXP] I am not able to duplicate the issue on a few computers, both Desktops, Notebooks and a couple of Tablets. The usual suspects are third-party programs, in your case would be Bitstream and/or Corel Draw. Have you tried finding a free Font program on the 'net to see what it shows. Could even boot to a Linux LiveDVD such as Mint or Ubuntu to see if the display and Fonts are correct.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  8. Gordon7 Win User

Try to see if your font's are showing in Windows own font-viewer they could hidden, which you can change the same place!

Go to Control panel - All items - Fonts:

If they are shown there, then it must be Corel Draw that has been damaged and a re-install may solved the problem.

Gordon7, Aug 29, 2017
  9. leunam12 Win User
    Fonts don't work in any program (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), the third picture I posted is from MS Word, as can be seen the font Aurora is selected but the text doesn't change it stays in Arial.

The problem came with the Windows update; it messed up my fonts and my printer driver. I uninstalled the update and everything went back to normal, but a couple of days later the update came back and it messed up things again.

leunam12, Aug 29, 2017
  10. leunam12 Win User
    Fonts are not shown in the native font viewer. It is as if they were not installed. Rebuilding the Font Cache fixes it until next reboot.

leunam12, Aug 29, 2017
  11. Gordon7 Win User
    Do you still have the 10 day's roll-back option, to go back to previous version?

If you have that, there is a way to hold off the Creators update!

Gordon7, Aug 29, 2017
  12. Berton Win User
    One thing to point out, some/most/all Fonts can be called from a different location such as a second partition or external USB drive. Those will only be usable while the computer is still running, rebooting won't again show them correctly. Only cure I have found for that was to locate where they were saved, Install each Font and allow copying to the Font Folder.

Berton, Aug 29, 2017
  13. leunam12 Win User

I don't have it, It's been more than 10 days.

leunam12, Aug 29, 2017
  14. Gordon7 Win User
    Here is something that maybe will help you out. First you must rebuild your font case again - and follow my lead here:

When you copy your rebuild font folder and place it on your Desktop, you have a copy of all your fonts in working order.
    Keep that for evt. later use! From your first post, you say everything was OK after rebuilding the font case - therefor make
    copy at this point. Hope this will do.

Gordon7, Aug 29, 2017
  15. leunam12 Win User
    I think that is what's going on in my case, those fonts that are giving me problems are symlinks, the actual files are in another drive.

leunam12, Aug 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Font Problem after update. Some Fonts are not working. - Similar Threads - Font Problem update

2. font on some website broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    font on some website broken: Hey Guys I have a problem with Windows 10 on browsers.On some websites, the text font is broken and unreadable.it doesn't have to do with Chrome extensions, I already tried incognito mode without extensionsIt also is not Chrome only maybe Chromium browser themself, I tried...
  3. Some issues in font faces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some issues in font faces: So I recently downloaded a Segoe Emoji UI font faceThe problem is it has two facesOne is the originaland one is the new oneBoth are showing up as regularI have selected the one with the changeIt is showing in the Win Key + . combo but in some web apps or apps like discord ,...
  4. Font Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font Not Working: Narkisim is such a beautiful-looking font. I have just downloaded it, but it does not seem to be working whenever I type in documents on Word. What happened here, and is there a way I could fix this?...
  5. Font Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font Problem: Hello, I have tried to delete all fonts because I had a lot of them and followed a tutorial and deleted them from the registry editor then the system failed to load and I used a restore point to fix the problem and windows somehow worked after several restarts, but I faced a...
  6. Problems with fonts after a system update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with fonts after a system update.: Hello! I have a problem. After the last update, all fonts on the systems became ugly when using 1080p resolution. At 1440p, fonts are smooth and beautiful (native monitor resolution is 1440p).Before the system update, fonts looked good at 1080p. I used the ClearType utility -...
  7. Bold fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bold fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] I don't know what I did wrong but text in some applications like IDM and Winrar are bold now and it's really annoying (in some cases I can't even see parts of information) . I've tried restoring default font settings in control panel, reinstalling seogoe font...
  8. Font Problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Problem?: I have a program, Aldfaer, that shows in the titlebar see image left of the word 'Doneer!' a ? in stead of the €sign. Below in front of '71' and '1700' also a question mark in stead of +/- In my research it appears to be a Dell pc problem because many Dell users have the...
  9. Works fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Works fonts: Microsoft works gives an error message “too many fonts. More. Than 500”. Don’t tell me to reduce fonts. I have reduced to 488 fonts.. How do i tell works 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/works-fonts/2e6063f8-0360-4230-bb8e-973bef5e5f46
  10. Font Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Problem: [ATTACH] Hey y'all recently i've had a font issue where all my fonts turned into weird symbols and was able to (partially) resolve it with the help of a youtube guide. But, the fonts for windows or tabs or wtv like the one in the picture have not returned to default font and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inkscape will not download fonts after windows update