Windows 10: Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10

Discus and support Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have been using MathType 6.9 in Windows 10 on an old laptop without a problem for a long time. I have recently bought a new laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaBtti, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MaBtti Win User

Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10

Hi everyone,

I have been using MathType 6.9 in Windows 10 on an old laptop without a problem for a long time.
    I have recently bought a new laptop, and the same version of MathType does not work there, with some font issues.

I tried a lot to solve it, but I couldn't.

I also contacted MathType support. They could also not find a solution.

Indeed, they believe the problem isn't with MathType, but with how the newest updates of Windows 10 handle the fonts.

They pointed me to a thread in this forum, but the solutions proposed there didn't help either.

My old laptop runs Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

The new laptop runs Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I'm using exactly the same version of Mathtype 6.9 in both machines, installed from the same source.

The problem is with the MT EXTRA font mtextra.ttf used for mathematical symbols.

I installed exactly the same mtextra.ttf in both machines.
    I also uninstalled older versions of the font, which could be conflicting.

Then, if I run MathType in the old laptop and open the "Insert Symbol" panel, I see the window below.

Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10 cb8f937d-b48f-44ff-a9d3-c8b5f0980283?upload=true.png

In the new laptop, the same procedure yields the figure below.

Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10 8c205187-ed05-45d0-9972-eb9c201c1fc7?upload=true.png

As you can see, in the new machine, I can't access any character after 0x80, which is the behavior expected for old versions of MT EXTRA. The ones I uninstalled. The new version of this font has an extended set of characters, which I can see in the old machine, but not in the new, despiting having installed the same font version from the same ttf file.

This behavior looks like some index telling the maximum number of available characters wasn't updated on the new computer.
    However, how to solve that goes much beyond my technical knowledge.

I'd be grateful if any of you had any insight on how I can tackle this issue.

:)

MaBtti, Feb 9, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 9, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10

Font's

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to the size of menu and palettes. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we request you to check the following suggestion and revert to us.

• I suggest you to check if the problem happens with a specific font or with multiple fonts.
    • I suggest you to install the font and check if things work fine after reboot.
    • Check if Windows accessibility setting is turned on.

I suggest you to refer the answers of Mr. Ronnie Vernon, from the following link.

how to change font size under icon in windows 8

Note: The steps provided in the link also applies to Windows 10 as well.

Reply us with the result to assist you better.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10

1. Font problem MT Extra in MathType Win10 - Similar Threads - Font problem Extra

2. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  3. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  6. Win10 default fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default fonts: How can I clear out the dozens of fonts that have accumulated over time and get back to the original default Win10 font set? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-default-fonts/c13e331f-7022-43aa-8291-dab24167f9e2
  7. About Win10 fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Win10 fonts: How to install Microsoft Sans Serif font with Lithuanian language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-win10-fonts/a05c75d2-a7fc-4291-9253-76f6a2e57e46
  8. Extra Large font & icon in Search Window

Extra Large font & icon in Search Window: I have accidentally resized the icon and fonts in search window, it's too much oversized. How can I get it back to the default size. Thanks. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Win10, Outlook, problem with german fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10, Outlook, problem with german fonts?: Hi! It's been a problem for a while now, close to a year. And it seems to depend on who sent the message? I have emails that are just fine and then others where special German characters, like ä;ö;ü, get replaced by some Chinese symbols, or just "????". I sync my gmail with...
  10. Font change -win10 ....

Font change -win10 ....: Why there isn't just one button named "apply" and done.? Why should i spend 20 minutes with searching "how to..." And next 20 min.with "changing" ??? It's only font ,and its Microsoft... I think.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mathtype font issues in windows 10