Windows 10: Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

Discus and support Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the subject clearly states, after uninstalling a single font, usually, the font settings app crashes immediately. Sometimes I can uninstall two to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jackosataco, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

As the subject clearly states, after uninstalling a single font, usually, the font settings app crashes immediately. Sometimes I can uninstall two to three, but 99% of the time it's just the one before crashing.

I first went to this discussion; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1909-settings-app-crashes-every-time-i/7cc273df-62b9-48ad-ba8f-d2070c519e47, only to find out that it's already closed, with no firm answers or fixes about this problem, so I'm not the only one.

I'm trying to uninstall an entire family of 23 fonts so I can reactivate them on Adobe Creative Cloud since the regular font's currently not recognized by Adobe, because apparently, it's already installed. I tried doing this with just the singular font and it wouldn't adjust to recognize that the regular font is installed still.

Gotta say, this is a problem.

:)

jackosataco, Oct 23, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 23, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

How to uninstall a COMPLETE set of fonts using the new "Settings/Fonts" control panel

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply. Unfortunately, you failed to answer my question.

I already know how to uninstall fonts on-at-a-time (you outlined the steps above... and that's what I was already aware of). I want to know if there is a method to
    uninstall a group of fonts all at once (called a complete font family or font set). Think of it as if I wanted to select several fonts and then click "uninstall", thus removing them all at once.

Please know that I am not angry... I am only attempting to state the situation clearly. Font management is crucial to the modern user (designer or not). Computers should make menial tasks easier, not harder.

So let me start again with a better explanation. As a test, I would suggest that you (or some of your team members) simply install a set of fonts. Let's use the Google font set "Roboto" for this test. It is free to download and install, and they are NOT
    system fonts, so no worries there (I will assume that you don't need instructions on how to download Google fonts, but let me know if that's required). You will notice that the Roboto Font Family contains 12 fonts, listed as such:

thin 100

thin 100 Italic

light 300

light 300 Italic

regular 400

regular 400 Italic

medium 500

medium 500 Italic

bold 700

bold 700 Italic

black 900

black 900 Italic

You will notice that you have probably just selected all twelve font files and "Right-clicked" to select "Install", which
    installs all 12 fonts with a single mouse action. Quick and easy, right?

Now, check to see that the fonts are installed and working within your system. Try using the font in PPT or WORD if you need to confirm this.

Lastly, I want you to go back into FONT SETTINGS and remove the whole font family all at once. Can this be done with a single mouse-click action after selecting the set of fonts (ie: "uninstall fonts?"). Note that I have used the plural "fonts",
    meaning more than one.

If you can do this, please show me the steps required.

If you are unable to do this, and do not know how to do this within Windows 10, please acknowledge that this feature is missing and that the MS team will be working on a patch to fix this soon.

Regarding you comment that some fonts are possibly "hidden":

Can you tell me how to "unhide them"? I see no button or menu within "Settings\Fonts" or "C:\Windows\fonts" that lets me choose to "Show hidden files".

Thanks again. Hoping to help.

Tom

Thomas Magee, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts

1. Font Settings App Crashes After Uninstalling Fonts - Similar Threads - Font Settings App

2. Font will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font will not uninstall: I have a font that seems to be "stuck" in my system. I've uninstalled the font family Open Sans but two of them still remain. They do not show up in the Control Panel font section, but they do show up as an option to use in apps. They seem to display correctly, at least...
  3. Font Issue after crash

Font Issue after crash: Hello, I was installing some windows software a few months back and my PC crashed while installing. This caused some errors in the font type in some programs see pic. It looks like the font changed to bold and it causes some of the menus and font to go off the menu screen....
  4. Windows: Font and App Fonts

Windows: Font and App Fonts: One day I noticed that my Windows Font got synced to other apps such as Google Chrome and Discord, this makes the apps look weird as they aren't designed with this "new font", I reset my font back to the default, even restoring default font settings in Control Panel. Ive...
  5. Settings App font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App font color: Links in "Settings" take on the same color of the title bar, is there any way to change it? 146146
  6. No uninstall option for open sans font in Font settings and can't find the font in any...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No uninstall option for open sans font in Font settings and can't find the font in any...: Hi there, I had an issue where for some reason there were two versions of opens sans installed on my laptop that were causing issues in software I use. For ease I've gone through and uninstalled everything but if I go to the Font settings window there are three font...
  7. Uninstalling a font.

Uninstalling a font.: I'm trying to uninstall a font that I downloaded that is not rendering correctly. it says it is 'in use' or 'open in System'. I have tried various methods including the Registry Editor - the font is not there. Please help....
  8. How to uninstall a COMPLETE set of fonts using the new "Settings/Fonts" control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to uninstall a COMPLETE set of fonts using the new "Settings/Fonts" control panel: Hello. I have recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 (build April 10, 2018 or later). I would like to uninstall more than one font file at a time. Example: I have a version of Adobe Garamond, which includes 14 weights and styles. I want to uninstall them ALL with a single...
  9. Fonts Will Not Uninstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Will Not Uninstall: Adobe Photoshop is so slow that it is unusable and i am 90% sure it is because i have a lot of fonts. So i deleted them from my windows font folder. But they refuse to go away. the fonts still appear and are still usable in gIMP and Photoshop. So deleted every single...
  10. Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts getting uninstalled after restart: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. com.hy.app.fontsettings