Windows 10: Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches

Discus and support Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is really a Windows 10 issue or an app issue, but certain apps, like Notepad++ or Microsoft Teams, when switching from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tevifoda, Dec 11, 2020.

1. tevifoda Win User

Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches

I'm not sure if this is really a Windows 10 issue or an app issue, but certain apps, like Notepad++ or Microsoft Teams, when switching from laptop/external monitors (like after sleep or hibernate or shut down), the font in x y or z app(s) will suddenly have a "wet paper" or "fuzzy" look, while others will look the same. I can figure out how to adjust the app or ClearType to make them look OK again, but sometimes this relies on me changing the app's settings over and over again.

For instance, this happens most often on Notepad++, where the text will suddenly be bigger or smaller and have that fuzzy look. My Windows settings aren't changing automatically (that I've seen) between monitor switches.

Any suggestions? I'm on a Lenovo ThinkPad P53 with display adapters Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Qaudro T2000... I've already tried updating/reinstalling them.

Since it happens most often with Notepad++, I was going to post in their "community", but they require that I log in with an account from Google, Facebook, Twitter, or GitHub, which I prefer not to do because the permissions say they'll be able to view/modify things on those accounts, which I think is excessive. So I'm posting here as a start. Thanks for your patience.

:)

tevifoda, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 11, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Font size and clarity issue in certain apps between monitor switches - Similar Threads - Font size clarity

2. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Clarity is Poor: I have a Dell XPS8960 running W10 Pro 22H2, 22621.2134 with an RTX3070Ti graphics card driving a Dell U2713H 27" Ultrasharp monitor 2560x1440. I find the default font clarity to be very poor see example, mm in 'command prompt', work in 'network connections', for example, but...
  3. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font Clarity is Poor: I have a Dell XPS8960 running W10 Pro 22H2, 22621.2134 with an RTX3070Ti graphics card driving a Dell U2713H 27" Ultrasharp monitor 2560x1440. I find the default font clarity to be very poor see example, mm in 'command prompt', work in 'network connections', for example, but...
  4. Font Clarity is Poor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Match font size between different applications

Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  6. Font Size Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Issues: Had my new laptop a few days and been setting up new programs as well as an external dual monitor setup. My laptop is running an NVIDIA GeFroce 3050 wtih 4k display but my monitors are only 1080p. I have 2 profiles on my laptop, one for work and one for personal use. My...
  7. Font Size Issues

Font Size Issues: Had my new laptop a few days and been setting up new programs as well as an external dual monitor setup. My laptop is running an NVIDIA GeFroce 3050 wtih 4k display but my monitors are only 1080p. I have 2 profiles on my laptop, one for work and one for personal use. My...
  8. font size issue!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    font size issue!!!!!!!!!!!: Hi all, I'm using an app on my windows 10 computer called sage. I have two monitors the same size. When I drag one to another it changes the size of the font. Can anyone stop this from happening please? submitted by /u/ad_shaw [link] [comments]...
  9. Clarity of windows fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clarity of windows fonts: There used to be an app that would allow you to change how fonts appeared in Windows. A screen of 6 boxes would show and you would pick the one that showed best, then it would take you to another window where you would pick again which box looked best. Is this still...
  10. 2nd Monitor clarity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Monitor clarity: On my Surface Book 2 I have added a 2nd monitor, and with many struggles have been able to make it work. But, the clarity is poor. I have selected the best resolution for the display. Does anyone have any solutions?...