Windows 10: Font size in File Explorer

Discus and support Font size in File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoRene, Oct 12, 2021.

1. JoRene Win User

Font size in File Explorer

I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way to do this, please respond?Thank you!

:)

JoRene, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Font size in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Font size File

2. How do I reduce the File Explorer font size?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reduce the File Explorer font size?: HI, I know this is not a new question as I've seen others post about it, but I've not found a solution that works. The font size in Windows File Explorer is far too big, so much so that the file titles are pressed against each other and the tails of letters like y and g are...
  3. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  4. Font Size Problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Size Problem in File Explorer: When is Microsoft going to fix the tiny font size problem in File Explorer? This is ridiculous and frustrating! How many millions of users need to complain before "you guys" listen and fix this very annoying problem?...
  5. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  6. File Explorer menu bar font size

File Explorer menu bar font size: How to increase the size of File Explorer menubar font, mine looks like size 4? [img] 152148
  7. changing font size in file explorer, windows 10

changing font size in file explorer, windows 10: How do I change the font size in File Explorer, using window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-size-in-file-explorer-windows-10/5eab0483-a430-4de1-a5ba-9956ddbeedd7
  8. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  9. Change font size in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change font size in Windows Explorer: Hello, In Windows explorer the fonts (text) are very small and I want to change the size / enlarge them. While searching for a solution, I found right on this forum this "changing the system font size in windows explorer Solved - Windows 10 Forums". Following the...
  10. Font size in files and folders explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Font size in files and folders explorer: Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please help. Thanks And thanks for all previous answers 48919