Windows 10: Font size problem when working with different Window Menus

Discus and support Font size problem when working with different Window Menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 with update 1903. Omen 17T. Resolution 1980x1020. NVDIA PhysXGeoforce GTX 1050. I have settings to custom scaling at 125% and ease of access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tucker Bear, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Font size problem when working with different Window Menus

Windows 10 with update 1903. Omen 17T. Resolution 1980x1020. NVDIA PhysXGeoforce GTX 1050. I have settings to custom scaling at 125% and ease of access make text bigger.

Windows menus come up at different sizes like device manager, system information, windows trouble shooter, Services are coming up. Outlook has different size fonts folders different then inbox and messages. Point is that the font sizes do not work across system, some places tiny and some large.

At 100% scale and no text enlargement the text on Omen appears to be about 6 to 8 font, so doing nothing is not an option.

Troubleshooted with Omen tech support who experienced problem on their end with custom scaling and ease of access make text bigger.

Having different fonts sizes can cause headaches, neck strain, and back pain (leaning in and out) to those with presbyopia.

:)

Tucker Bear, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Sep 17, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Font size problem when working with different Window Menus

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Font size problem when working with different Window Menus

1. Font size problem when working with different Window Menus - Similar Threads - Font size problem

2. How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?: I have a lot of problems with the font size in the menus of adobe, chrome and other programs were is very small. I change in the Accesibility and scale in system but it seems that the letter are still very small...
  3. How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make that font size will be bigger in the menus?: I have a lot of problems with the font size in the menus of adobe, chrome and other programs were is very small. I change in the Accesibility and scale in system but it seems that the letter are still very small...
  4. Font size problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size problem: I have reduced eyesight.It is difficult to read the system time from the taskbar It is readable in this support question. The time is very difficult to read at 5AM.What can I do?...
  5. Font size problem

Font size problem: I have reduced eyesight.It is difficult to read the system time from the taskbar It is readable in this support question. The time is very difficult to read at 5AM.What can I do?...
  6. Match font size between different applications

Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  7. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  8. Font size different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size different: Hi,The size of the view menu bar is smaller than that of icons. How can I fix this problem? I mean to make the size of view bar biggerBest regards,Jiao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-different/2970b447-e0eb-4079-950f-97ce96867ee4
  9. Font size within apps updates when I change the scale, but not the menus which are TINY

Font size within apps updates when I change the scale, but not the menus which are TINY: Hi everyone, So I'm having this issue with my new Windows 10 where the font size of menus is very small for my short-sighted self. I have tried the Display and Accessibility options to scale to 150% or increase the font size BUT those just change the text within the apps for...
  10. How to change font size on title bar and menus?

How to change font size on title bar and menus?: How to change font size on title bar and menus? The font on the title screen are not readable; and also some menus. Available settings do not change properly this font front a high resolution HP laptop....