Windows 10: Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office

Discus and support Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've known this for awhile now, but in MS Word at least, and probably MS Excel as well, I can make my font sizes like 11.5, or something like that, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JOSHSKORN, Nov 10, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office

I've known this for awhile now, but in MS Word at least, and probably MS Excel as well, I can make my font sizes like 11.5, or something like that, and it'll take it just fine.

Recently, I started customizing an app called Foobar2000, which if you don't know, is basically a music player for PC for your audio library. When attempting to change the font size to something that wasn't an integer (for instance, 11.5, again), I would get this error message:

Font
    Size must be a number.

I would Google this, assuming it was Foobar2000 specific and find no answer. My curiosity got to me, so I went ahead and tried it in Notepad, where I got the exact same error message. So, this leads me to believe that for whatever reason, using decimals in font sizes seems to only work with MS Office, and therefore the error message received was not Foobar2000-specific. I'd like to know why that is and if there is a way around it, as I'm very interested in taking advantage of non-integer font sizes.

Is there a way around this?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office

Font Size choice

Hi Leon,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• How are you accessing your mails?
    • Are you using the Mail App/Browser/Microsoft Office outlook mails?

I would like to let you know that you can change the font size of the emails by following the steps provided below:

• Open the E-mail.
    • Press/hold the Ctrl key and use the scroll button to maximize and minimize the font size.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office

1. Font Sizes: Only integers? Except MS Office - Similar Threads - Font Sizes integers

2. Change default font size in MS Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change default font size in MS Paint?: How can I change the default font size which is 11 pt of MS Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-size-in-ms-paint/16203e1e-dd73-4723-90fe-875a3d61869e
  3. Change default font size in MS Paint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default font size in MS Paint?: How can I change the default font size which is 11 pt of MS Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-size-in-ms-paint/16203e1e-dd73-4723-90fe-875a3d61869e
  4. Office button font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office button font size: Hi Can anyone tell me how to change the font size of the menu buttons. I don't mean the text size in mails or word but the menu options like; File, View, New Mail etc. My dad uses about 14 point in most mails and documents which he finds ok but the menu items are too small...
  5. Fonts not "styling" up in MS Office apps

Fonts not "styling" up in MS Office apps: I purchased a new HP desktop computer today with Windows 10. I had a lot of fonts on my old computer. I copied them to a thumb drive and then copied to my new computer, to the Font folder. I can see them there and when I do a preview they look fine. Then I get into any MS...
  6. Ms to raise prices for Office (except 365)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Ms to raise prices for Office (except 365): Hi there seems Ms is definitely on the way to pushing Office/365 subscriptions. Microsoft Ups Office 2019 Prices to Push Office 365 Subscriptions Myself I don't like this model -- even if subscriptions are initially cheap (they can always be raised when you've hooked...
  7. Windows/Office font sizes too BIG

Windows/Office font sizes too BIG: So the latest update to Office has made the ribbon icons and font sizes even bigger, and I'm getting fed up with this! I have a 16" monitor that is 1366 x 768 for its highest resolution, and I don't want the ribbon taking up 20% of my screen space! There USED to be...
  8. Office 2016 font selection only big, bigger etc no sizes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 font selection only big, bigger etc no sizes: Hi there In Outlook 2010 you can select for example font size in things like unread mail headers etc In Outlook 2016 these only give small, big, bigger etc so for looking say at headers for unread mail they look stupid if the rest has larger fonts. here's outlook 2010...
  9. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  10. Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only)

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete all installed fonts (except system fonts only): Hello, I wonder if I can delete all fonts, but keep the system fonts (which available when we install a clean windows 10. I notice that there ware about 200-250 fonts, but now is over than 1200 fonts) ? p/s: If you wants these fonts, I can send you *Wink [img] 50392