Windows 10: Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs

Discus and support Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched computers last week and I tried to move all my fonts to the new computer, but I'm having some trouble. First, I copied all the fonts from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StoreSMART, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs

I switched computers last week and I tried to move all my fonts to the new computer, but I'm having some trouble.

First, I copied all the fonts from the old computer and pasted them into the fonts folder of the new computer. But it seems that didn't entirely work. On the new computer, when opening many files, I get error messages about missing fonts. I so turn to the old computer, grab the specific fonts, and move them into the fonts folder of the new computer. It says they're already installed. I close and re-open my programs, and it still says they're missing.

Alternatively, I will put some fonts into a folder on my desktop, then right-click on the fonts and choose "Install". This allows me to use these fonts in Microsoft Word, but I still cannot use them in my Adobe programs. Then, after restarting, these fonts seem to have disappeared completely. (Except when I copy/paste into the Fonts folder, it still says they already exist.

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Thanks for any help with this.

:)

StoreSMART, Dec 4, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ron Wolpa Win User
    not all fonts installed on the system (C:\Windows\Fonts) are shown

picture 1 : on Photoshop fonts menu the fonts name are shown but not exhibited
    all fonts on this list I am missing used to be inside C:\windows\fonts

Picture 2 : C:\windows\fonts Those fonts listed on Photoshop fonts list are no longer inside fonts folder (?!) ....
    ... and it was not me who uninstalled them

I tried to do the same than you inside the Powershell (PS C:\WINDOWS\System> 1s c:\windows\fonts ) ,
    however the term 1s was not recognized as cmdlet , function , etc etc ;
    Thanks

Ron Wolpa, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs

Won`t let me link my Microsoft Account to the Windows Insider Program settings page

Whenever I go onto the Insider Program settings page, it doesn`t say you can link an account. I am an admin though

Micah Hartman, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs

1. Font: system says it's installed, but it doesn't show up inside programs - Similar Threads - Font system says

2. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  3. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up: Dear Experts,I have searched and searched online and have only found that MANY have this same issue. As of yet, I have no solution. My issue is installing fonts on a brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have followed all the instructions and installed the fonts the way you...
  6. 20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed: Hi... Just got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.928. Windows Font Manager seems to work fine and I installed several Helvetica and Korinna fonts, all of which showed up fine right after installation. A few minutes later, none of them were available in...
  7. Drive doesn't show up on Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive doesn't show up on Installation: Hello I wanted to reinstall Windows on my PC on a new SSD It is nfts formated and MBR, but when I boot via the windows Boot USB stick the drive is not visible. But it is in the boot menu it is. Also I can see it on my orher pc as a normal drive. Do you have any Idea how...
  8. Installed fonts wont show up

Installed fonts wont show up: My computer, along with 3 others at my office, have an issue with missing fonts. After Upgrading all the computers to windows 10 there have been issues with a few computers. In microsoft word, if I start a new file, certain fonts will only show up as Arial font (Old...
  9. Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...: Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but cant use them . Can i delete the font folder and start over ? And it wont let me down load any to this folder . Help Please...
  10. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd