Windows 10: font too light on windows 11

Discus and support font too light on windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11: Need darker font. I have tried cleartype adjust to make the font darker but the font is still too light. How can I darken the font?I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LindaStack1, Feb 9, 2022.

1. font too light on windows 11

Windows 11: Need darker font. I have tried cleartype adjust to make the font darker but the font is still too light. How can I darken the font?I have tried to drag and drop a bold font but the drag and drop doesn't move the font

:)

LindaStack1, Feb 9, 2022
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 9, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Font too light after Nov 2017 windows update

Hi Lashawn,

Conflicts with the ClearType text settings is one of hte possible reasons why you have a light font after the update. We suggest that you try changing the ClearType settings by following the steps below:

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.
    • Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 9, 2022
  4. Ian Ser Win User

font too light on windows 11

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

font too light on windows 11

1. font too light on windows 11 - Similar Threads - font too light

2. Windows 10 system font too light to read.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system font too light to read.: Hi,The system font in Windows 10 is very light. I tried ClearType but that doesn't help. How can I make the text darker so that I can read it?TIA,Marty...
  3. Windows 10 system font too light to read.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system font too light to read.: Hi,The system font in Windows 10 is very light. I tried ClearType but that doesn't help. How can I make the text darker so that I can read it?TIA,Marty...
  4. Windows 11 too light of a touch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 too light of a touch: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I use the fingerpad to move around and new windows keep opening up. Other times when I want to open a new window I have to hit it several times and often times hard enough to feel the click. I had this all typed out before and it just...
  5. Windows 11 too light of a touch

Windows 11 too light of a touch: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I use the fingerpad to move around and new windows keep opening up. Other times when I want to open a new window I have to hit it several times and often times hard enough to feel the click. I had this all typed out before and it just...
  6. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  7. font too light on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font too light on windows 11: Windows 11: Need darker font. I have tried cleartype adjust to make the font darker but the font is still too light. How can I darken the font?I have tried to drag and drop a bold font but the drag and drop doesn't move the font...
  8. Windows 11 video playback too light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 video playback too light: All video playbacks like Team's video stream, Youtube videos are so light that one cannot see the video properly. The light/brightness is normal for anything that is not videos. I have 3 monitors and it is on all of them like that....
  9. Windows 11 video playback too light

Windows 11 video playback too light: All video playbacks like Team's video stream, Youtube videos are so light that one cannot see the video properly. The light/brightness is normal for anything that is not videos. I have 3 monitors and it is on all of them like that....
  10. too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting: I can't seem to get windows 10 pro font size and color to be better visualized. sometimes I can hardly see the font color - it's light grey now - not black not font chosen in settings etc. can someone clue me in as to what might be the problem...