Windows 10: Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

Discus and support Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I am running Windows 10 Pro on a 4k monitor. A few days ago after running Windows update and restarted my computer. Fonts on title and files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CHUNG YIN FRANCONG, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

Hi all,

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a 4k monitor. A few days ago after running Windows update and restarted my computer. Fonts on title and files looks small and funny, only texts from the settings menu remains normal. Under a 4k monitor those fonts are so hard to read.

I tried changing scale(150%) but didn't work

Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications a42190fb-f32e-4563-a394-3e786c901a4f?upload=true.png

Titles on Chrome tab looks really small too.

Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications 29dbf75f-1e21-497f-bb0c-67aeea4aef20?upload=true.png

Anyone has seen this problem before, thank you. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications :D

:)

CHUNG YIN FRANCONG, Oct 5, 2018
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

1. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications - Similar Threads - Font too small

2. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  3. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  4. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The font, is just too small . . .

The font, is just too small . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.The default font, is just too small.As I grow, older. I just need it bigger.These are, the instructions I follow,To get the fonts bigger:Font SizeGo to the search tabThen Search "Make text Bigger"From there you can adjust font...
  6. Explorer font size too small, other fonts are perfect. way to solve?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer font size too small, other fonts are perfect. way to solve?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Char967 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l37k0b/explorer_font_size_too_small_other_fonts_are/
  7. graphics and fonts too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics and fonts too small: Why when I open some programs the everything is minimize? in other words the letters(font) and graphics are too small to be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-and-fonts-too-small/43715194-4209-4328-ac98-d79cc02d549e
  8. Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications

Font too small in File Explorer and some other applications: Hi all, I am running Windows 10 Pro on a 4k monitor. A few days ago after running Windows update and restarted my computer. Fonts on title and files looks small and funny, only texts from the settings menu remains normal. Under a 4k monitor those fonts are so hard to read....
  9. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...
  10. Fonts Blurred / too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Blurred / too small: Hi, I have an original Acer laptop Aspire E1-522 with AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and a brand new Aspire F5-573G_115C_1.18 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer fonts too small

2. file explorer windows 10 text tiny

3. windows explorer is too small

4. explorer text too small,
  5. font in file explorer is too small,
  6. installation windows text too small,
  7. explorer font size too small,
  8. font on windows explorer too small,
  9. windows 10 file explorer font too small,
  10. font in file explorer too small,
  11. remoteapp file explorer font too small,