Windows 10: fontdrvhost.exe No User Name?

Discus and support fontdrvhost.exe No User Name? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, So I downloaded a font recenty from ufont.com. Before installing it, I tried running a virus but decided to delete it until it couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolverine, Oct 30, 2016.

1. wolverine Win User

fontdrvhost.exe No User Name?

Hi all,

So I downloaded a font recenty from ufont.com. Before installing it, I tried running a virus but decided to delete it until it couldn't delete. I managed to delete it only after going into Safe Mode and then disabling fontdrvhost.exe

I noticed after running Task Manager that this is running in the background in the Details tab under Task Manager, this is the only process that has a blank for USER NAME.

Is this normal? Has my PC been infected and if so, how can I resolve this?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

wolverine, Oct 30, 2016
  2. snirsa Win User

Problems with Windows 10 Fonts

Hey

try this

Windows 10 1703 Locale Problem (Non-Unicode)

inside on page 6 there is a fix, someone added it as a script

just right click on the file fixfonts.ps and choose "open with powershell"

it will auto reboot computer after replacing the erroneous .exe file (fontdrvhost.exe)

i'm attaching the link to the site, i didn't built the script and it's the one published on the microsoft site by a user.

so it's on your own risk, but i have tried it with success

ili101/Windows-10-1703-Non-Unicode-Workaround

all the best

snirsa, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Characters are not showing , Windows 10 Pro

..Problem Solved:

I was removing this ""Name: fontdrvhost.exe (Description: Usermode Font Driver Host)"" from the the Task Manager every windows start in order to reduce the use of the memory.. I thought it's not necessary, This exe shouldn't be removed.

*Check the Pic below:

fontdrvhost.exe No User Name? [​IMG]

kim seungri, Oct 30, 2016
  4. karstenes Win User

Hi,
    Yes, it is normal to have no User name there. Though, after having been infected, I would recommend downloading malwarebytes (Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal) and running a scan.

karstenes, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

1. fontdrvhost.exe No User Name? - Similar Threads - fontdrvhost exe User

2. User names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User names: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.What is the "defaultuser100000" user name? Is it ever used? What is it's function?Mark...
  3. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  4. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  5. User name

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name: I need to remove MS account user name that the system says is deleted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-name/2e452774-5aea-4b16-99d8-b22eb50b7d7f
  6. User Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Name: Got a new computer and after logging in, the welcome screen shows the word 'User'. How can I change User to my name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-name/d07a8b6b-db3a-4c5b-9abc-1de1931b0d57
  7. User name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name: I have just re-built my laptop due to the fact I could not run some programs on the new insider build. After the re-build I now have 2004.20180.100, and all is running ok. The issue I have is my user name is Dennis Gowen, however I open lets say Good sync, and search for...
  8. User Name

User Name: Opps. I misspelled my wife name. How do I edit the 'User Name' to correct. Wife is not too happy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-name/6e7c61c9-fb13-426d-a7fb-62ca1a5c8ec1
  9. User name

User name: My new Windows 10 computer asked me to login using my Microsoft account which I already had for my xbox, and now it's using the first part of my email address before the @ sign as my user name i.e. for the folder that contains my documents, pictures etc.. I'd like to change...
  10. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...