Windows 10: fonts all jagged and blocky

Discus and support fonts all jagged and blocky in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Web pages fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter green boxes appear some programs appear ok, but open to text, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolEllis-Jones, Mar 25, 2021.

1. fonts all jagged and blocky

Web pages
    fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter
    green boxes appear

some programs appear ok, but open to text, then that appears.

Facebook text is ok, but green box will appear on some images

Ancestry text looks ok, but when I go to enter information, text is garbled

Firefox browser

Windows 10

all up to date

:)

CarolEllis-Jones, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Lily W. Win User

Comic Sans font appears jagged and ugly

A while back, the Comic Sans font began to appear jagged and ugly in Chrome and text editors such as Notepad. No other fonts appear to have any smoothing issues; only Comic Sans appeared to have visibly changed.

While the font looks ugly when used in Chrome and text editors, when I tried typing with Comic Sans in paint.net, it appeared perfectly fine—no jagged edges. It looked just like it did elsewhere before.

I screenshotted a comparison between Comic Sans in paint.net (how it should look) and Notepad (all ugly and jagged).

I'd heard Windows 10 had font issues, but I haven't found anything specifically on Comic Sans looking like this. Any idea how to make the font display properly?

Lily W., Mar 25, 2021
  3. Nokia E71 jagged fonts

Just got the excellent E71. However, fonts are really jagged and the edges aren't smooth at all. Is there any fix or anything I need to download to make them more smoother.

davindersangha, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

fonts all jagged and blocky

Default font too 'blocky' compared to Win7

Looks like you have 'Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts' turned off...

fonts all jagged and blocky [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

fonts all jagged and blocky

1. fonts all jagged and blocky - Similar Threads - fonts jagged blocky

2. Jagged fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  3. Jagged fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  4. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11: Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is...
  5. Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jagged / blocked / pixelated font in Notepad Windows 11: Hi,I have a strange problem.In every other application, ClearType works perfectly. Everything is smooth.But only in Notepad, only in this application... the font is always jagged. It's not font-specific—the symptom occurs in every single font that I've tried.ClearType is...
  6. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  7. Jagged / incomplete fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jagged / incomplete fonts: Hi,I've been recently working on some textures, and as they need to have an extremely low resolution, I used the font size 7.5.The blue 'Try' in the screenshot shows how it looks like.However, in the past month or so, there apparently was some update or something that broke...
  8. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?: I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt help. How do I get the font smoother looking without jaggedness? 169100
  9. Default font too 'blocky' compared to Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    Default font too 'blocky' compared to Win7: So I recently got a new computer I built myself. Having to for a couple reasons finally make the jump to Win10....there's just so many issues I have but a bit one is that the system font just doesn't want to work right. It's mainly numbers -- text seems to be fine but the...
  10. Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocky English fonts in programs after Japanese>English lang. switch: Hi all, I recently purchased a new Dell desktop here in Japan, but as English is my native language I switched the display language to English. Unfortunately, many programs and menu screens have blocky and small fonts, as if there is no anti-aliasing or screen smoothing...