Windows 10: Fonts Blurred / too small

Discus and support Fonts Blurred / too small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have an original Acer laptop Aspire E1-522 with AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjordash, May 22, 2017.

1. sjordash Win User

Fonts Blurred / too small

Hi, I have an original Acer laptop
    Aspire E1-522 with AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    and a brand new
    Aspire F5-573G_115C_1.18 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s).

Both of these are running the same Windows 10 1607 and the same Quicken / Quickbooks / Office 2016 programs.

As like many other people I am having a lot of trouble with the fonts on the newest Intel machine and have tried all the web ideas of different setting changes, for over a week but no satisfactory solution. The AMD machine looks fine with a nice crisp view and I have them side by side to adjust the settings to be equal in all the programs (.ini files etc.) but the Intel machine is virtually unusable as some applications look fine and others are just “off”. Changing 1 to good alters the others to bad!

The theme of all the web information is changing the Windows 10 settings to get an acceptable view but what I ask is the underlying cause of the issue not Windows but Intel?

Does anyone have information please, if this is the cause, as how to adjust anything in Intel to change these fonts to stop them being blurred / washed out / too small?

Thanks
    SJ

:)

sjordash, May 22, 2017

2. Microsoft Fix-It Tool still avaliable for windows 10 pro 64bit

windows 10 version 1703 samsung 27 display. have tried to follow repair for blurred font. However, every fix has a sliding scale to repair resolution within settings display. My windows 10 version does not have. The 3 default resolution makes the
    display either too small or too large and the font distortion is equally blurred. Help

jimwingate, May 22, 2017
  3. Nokia N75...any update coming?

Is the N75 a neglected model? It is in need of a serious update. Too many bugs to list, but I'll start here:

-Contact font size for phone number is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL.

-Bluetooth transmission is weak

-Lack of font realizability (huge screen, tiny fonts...**bleep**?)

-Clock too small

formulaben, May 22, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

I looked up your specs and:

Your Aspire E1-522 has a native resolution of
    15.6"
    HD (1366 x 768) resolution

Your Aspire F5-573G has a native resolution of
    15.6"
    Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution

Now, since the latter has a 1920x1080 resolution, it will show more information on the screen and, by default, it should be smaller but still crisp and clear; however, if you try to enlarge the dpi scaling, it may become somewhat blurry. So is that what you are doing?

Note:
    A 1920x1080 resolution on a small laptop screen could be considered a disadvantage for someone without excellent eyesight (like me). That is why I chose a 15.6 inch laptop with a 1366x768 native resolution.

5. sjordash Win User
    Thanks for this, I have been installing a clean install to see where we go. 1366 x 768 does make some improvement but not across the board. What I am typing here in Firefox is "off" but desktop icon text is crisp. Quicken is fine but Outlook 2016 is "dull & washed out".
    I shall try alternatives now to see if I can get an improvement.

sjordash, May 24, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    For this Forum go to the extreme bottom right, you should see a dialog box with text in it and a down arrow on the right end, clicking that will give some choices as to how the page/s will appear to you. I'm using TF2017 CDN now, seems to help.

Berton, May 24, 2017
  7. msny Win User
    I have poor eyesight and nothing I tried in windows 10 made a difference. Windows 7 was perfect.
    The problem is, MS built 10 for tablets & phones, not computers.

The only way I could get around this was to get a grey/black high contrast theme, then the font stood out
    and i didn't have to change my resolution.

See here:
    http://eversins.deviantart.com/art/D...-OLD-582035597

Google search there are a lot of resources like this.

8. sjordash Win User

Many thanks for this, I used TF2017 wide and its fine for this page so it shows it is possible. I only mentioned tenforums page as an example as all of firefox is off so will see what else works. Am trying XPExplorer - WIndows 10 DPI Fix to see what this offers.

sjordash, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Fonts Blurred / too small - Similar Threads - Fonts Blurred too

2. Menu bar font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu bar font too small: I have difficulty reading the text on program menu bars. There used to be a very useful Display dialogue - very detailed - where I could choose size and colours for menu bars, dialogues and lots of other items. Win!0 seems to have removed it which is really frustrating.I know...
  3. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  4. Windows font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font too small: Hi,do not know why but suddenly after a laptop reboot I see the icon fonts and text in windows, browser tabs and so on too small, barely readable. It seems it has nothing to do with the standard font size, but something at system level. Using apps such as M365 or Chrome works...
  5. Windows font too small

6. Printer printing font too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer printing font too small: HP printer not printing correct font size from Word or e-mails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-font-too-small/8c3bf3ac-6deb-414b-ab47-1c1b7fad81a6
  7. quick assist font too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick assist font too small: When I assist someone using quick assist the screen is so small I have a hard time reading it. I never had this problem last year. Can someone help me with this....
  8. The font, is just too small . . .

The font, is just too small . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.The default font, is just too small.As I grow, older. I just need it bigger.These are, the instructions I follow,To get the fonts bigger:Font SizeGo to the search tabThen Search "Make text Bigger"From there you can adjust font...
  9. graphics and fonts too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics and fonts too small: Why when I open some programs the everything is minimize? in other words the letters(font) and graphics are too small to be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-and-fonts-too-small/43715194-4209-4328-ac98-d79cc02d549e
  10. Edge Font Too Small

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Font Too Small: This may be just a problem for older folks like me but sometimes I think Microsoft shoots itself in the foot or they are just plain arrogant. It seems that they keep touting Edge as the browser of choice but then they make the font too small to read and there is no way to...