Windows 10: Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install

Discus and support Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason many programs now have this font with no antialiasing that is too big and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thermospore, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install

I just built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason many programs now have this font with no antialiasing that is too big and often gets cut off.

Here is a screenshot of the same program open on both my new computer with broken font and my laptop that has no issues. Both computers have Windows 10 and the language (and system locale for non-unicode programs) is set to Japanese. There is a bit of blur, as both computers are set to 125% dpi, but just ignore that.

new computer with broken font: https://i.imgur.com/akzZNlR.png

old laptop with no issues: https://i.imgur.com/uXcCz7y.png

Not all, but many programs have this exact same issue system wide Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install :(

submitted by /u/thermospore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thermospore, Nov 11, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 11, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install

1. Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Fonts broken install

2. font issue after installing new font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    font issue after installing new font: after installing new font in windows 11, some text in specific language in browsers is like this [][][][]. i have tried several browsers . this problem only on browser. before installing font it was perfect . how to fix this?...
  3. Windows Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Font Broken: Hi everyone!Any solutions for this problem? See screenshot. Notes:- It happens on other applications as well.- Sometimes there are apps that have this one and missing characters.- I have had this problem since Windows 10 and thought this will be fixed if I upgraded to Windows...
  4. Windows Font Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Font Broken: Hi everyone!Any solutions for this problem? See screenshot. Notes:- It happens on other applications as well.- Sometimes there are apps that have this one and missing characters.- I have had this problem since Windows 10 and thought this will be fixed if I upgraded to Windows...
  5. How to install new fonts in window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install new fonts in window 10?: I am a graphic designer and want to change the font in windows 10. How can I install a new font downloaded from FontsBee . Can anyone please help me with this regard?...
  6. How to install new fonts in window 10?

How to install new fonts in window 10?: How to install new fonts in window 10?I am a graphic designer how I can install a new font because a see a new font of FontsBee is so unique. I will desire a change font in my own window...
  7. Windows 10 Font broken

Windows 10 Font broken: Ichanged the Windows 10 Font from the default Seoge UI to another font which i dowloaded from the internet and after that i changed them back to Seoge UI an it doesnt display correctly, like i play on Groove music an i press th volume up button the previous, pause and next...
  8. Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903: After I added a new user on my laptop, Consolas font is missing and I temporary fixed it by re-install the font. But when I restart my laptop, it missing again even the font is still installed. So I have to re-install the font every time I open up the laptop. Btw, this only...
  9. Installing new fonts

Installing new fonts: I am trying to install FONTASY_HIMALI_TT NORMAL font. I am not able to drag and drop it in font settings where it says drag and drop. when i right click and try to install for all users, its not visible in font settings. I have windows 10 2004 version....
  10. installing a new font on windows 10

installing a new font on windows 10: Hi I am trying to install a new font onto a users machine. I have downloaded the font and unzipped it on the respective machine, however when I try to install the font I get a message stating: "Cannot install the raleway-regular.tff the file ****** does not appear to be...