Windows 10: Fonts etc

Discus and support Fonts etc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know about you but I am finding this messy and maddening. In Win.7 you could modify the font for the windows, both size and font itself. Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinH, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JustinH Win User

Fonts etc

I don't know about you but I am finding this messy and maddening.

In Win.7 you could modify the font for the windows, both size and font itself. Win 10 will not all me to modify size, which is stuck on 9pt, and there is no option shown to change the font to Times from Arial.

This means I have had to alter the scaling to 125% so that the icons on the taskbar are big enough, and the text on the windows readable. This, in turn, messes up the resolution on Skype and another program.

Anyone know how you can get the ability to change font and font size?

Justin

:)

JustinH, Aug 8, 2015
  2. Casyno444 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade changed the font in all my documents

This may help you, Goto c:\windows\Fonts

It will display a preview screen of your current "Fonts" that windows has to choose from or use etc.

Look for the weird Font that is for me was "Alien5" I deleted that font and it says "In use" denied.

I changed the name to "Alien8888" then deleted it etc..

If it still Denies you as per "In use"

Close anything that may be using that font etc.. in extremes you can go as far as stopping anything using this font from boot up etc through Startup options within "Task Manager" etc..

Went to my browsers and word etc.

and selected the Font I originally used again and once the culprit was removed and BAM! All Good now, Somehow WIN10 has an issue with grabbing the weirdest Font you have and using it in your Browsers, word Docs, etc...regardless of the Font you select.
    I had this issue for a bit as I am an IT Pro It was on my Personal PC and as it goes rarely had time to seek a repair although its a huge pain in the "Rear".. Anyways I deleted my weird font once I found it and Viola!!

Good luck,

Charlie

Casyno444, Aug 8, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    notepad font size

Hi Ray,

In Notepad, click Format - Font to change font Size . . . etc.

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

Fonts etc

letmein, Aug 8, 2015
  5. JustinH Win User
    Thanks, but I don't even have a panel with 'installed fonts' to drag and drop the new one into. I have only a greyed out 'install' button at the top of the list of fonts, and even the point settings are greyed, I cannot resize the font installed either. Thanks for the idea though, much appreciated.

JustinH, Aug 8, 2015
  6. This is only available if your scaling is set at 100% , I'm surmising you have it set at 125% and so isn't available.

Torquemada, Aug 8, 2015
  7. JustinH Win User
    Possibly, I will have a fiddle with it. Why on earth can't they make it all work right before they launch it...! Grrrrr.....

JustinH, Aug 8, 2015
  8. letmein Win User

Fonts etc

letmein, Aug 8, 2015
  9. JustinH Win User
    Thanks for that. Already cock-ups abound and the first service pack has to be issued..... Great....

JustinH, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fonts etc

1. Fonts etc - Similar Threads - Fonts etc

2. Blurry screen, games, fonts, icons, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry screen, games, fonts, icons, etc.: Out of nowhere screen became blurry, texts became blurry, It's not completely blurry, it's just not clear. It ruins the gaming experience also. I tried many fixes and none worked. I even factory reset my entire pc and deleted all my files, and the problem is still happening....
  3. Blurry screen, games, fonts, icons, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry screen, games, fonts, icons, etc.: Out of nowhere screen became blurry, texts became blurry, It's not completely blurry, it's just not clear. It ruins the gaming experience also. I tried many fixes and none worked. I even factory reset my entire pc and deleted all my files, and the problem is still happening....
  4. Making windows system fonts bigger (windows titles, windows explorer, etc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making windows system fonts bigger (windows titles, windows explorer, etc): I just got a new laptop and am setting it up. Even though my old laptop is running the latest version of Windows 10, the program I used on it to increase windows font sizes no longer works -- I was using System Font Size Changer...
  5. How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase font size of menu text, icon text, message boxes, etc.: My present W10 version is 1909. When Windows first eliminated a user's ability to specify font size of icons, menu text, tool tips etc. there were some registry hacks available (in TenForums amongst other places) that did the trick... but those scripts don't work in the...
  6. Font sizing, title bars etc old color and metrics in Windows 7 used to

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font sizing, title bars etc old color and metrics in Windows 7 used to: Okay other than third party apps is there a way to increase the size, color and fonts for what used to be under color and metrics in Windows 7 pro. I've been told no other than changing my screen resolution which is not an option when I buy high resolution screens for...
  7. font or language has changed and i cant read anything under the start menu or settings etc

font or language has changed and i cant read anything under the start menu or settings etc: I think it is just the font but maybe the languaue or something has changed under the start menu ans settings and i can no longer read anything. i have no idea what to do to change this. however everything is normal if i open file explorer and the internent etc so not...
  8. Desktop icon text / font and text / font on self-typed pdf, docx, png, etc files in folders.

Desktop icon text / font and text / font on self-typed pdf, docx, png, etc files in folders.: Hi Microsoft A couple of weeks ago I was moving folders around my desktop. With nothing open other than my Hotmail and the folders opened, I slide a folder to the side. That displayed a section of the desktop and suddenly the text / font of all of the icons on my 40” TV...
  9. Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done: Hi folks While it's simple to re-set font sizes for general desktop settings etc in most linux distros sometimes the top menu bar and things like space in things like firefox to enter say a search address is tiny with small fonts too -- it's quite easy but you need to set...
  10. How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc: Hi. I am a person with a visual impairment and just recent;y got a new laptop. Currently setting it up but despite all my best efforts I can't seem to get the system font size of things like Control Panel or the Properties windows of files larger. I'm also missing the...