Windows 10: Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages?

Discus and support Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 decided not to load all of the fonts that I use, including Estrangelo Edessa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter in Alaska, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages?

Windows 10 decided not to load all of the fonts that I use, including Estrangelo Edessa (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/estrangelo-edessa). When I first installed Win10, I had to selectively add it back. But today I find that it is missing. My only recourse seems to be to install all fonts for all languages, which is a bit more than I want.

How do I find and load just the fonts that I want?

Thank you

:)

Peter in Alaska, Aug 25, 2019

2. Missing fonts after upgrade

I just had an automatic upgrade of windows 10 completed and some fonts are missing,

I have read up and tried the steps in the optional font features but the fonts are missing from the list.

The particular language group is the Pan European. The font I am after is Rockwell nova.

Is the any way I can access this as it is crucial to a job I am about to complete.

PeterMcD735, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages?

Changing my own language font

Hi,

From the screen shot it seems you are using Google chrome to change the language font Which is downloaded from the internet. So, I suggest you to contact chrome support for further assistance.

If you are using Internet Explorer, please follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Internet options.
    • Click on fonts.
    • you can change the font as desired.

Please post back with the updated status regarding changing font, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages?

1. Fonts have gone missing - how do I selectively add back other languages? - Similar Threads - Fonts gone missing

2. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  3. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  4. how do i add a device back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add a device back: I removed a device from bluetooth to reset the device but when i tried to pair it back it doesn't show anymore. I've tried fro a whole day now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-device-back/45c9cba5-0b7b-45c0-a010-3f0834d94280
  5. how do i add a device back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i add a device back: I removed a device from bluetooth to reset the device but when i tried to pair it back it doesn't show anymore. I've tried fro a whole day now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-device-back/45c9cba5-0b7b-45c0-a010-3f0834d94280
  6. how do i add a device back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts?: I recently had to have my Windows 10 Pro machine redone because my Operating System crashed. Since getting the machine backup and running, I found out that dozens of my fonts that are found in the Fonts section within Control Panel are not there i.e. Century Schoolbook. How...
  8. Installed fonts are missing from font selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed fonts are missing from font selection: This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16. Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, but they don't show up for selection anywhere. In addition trying to update the signature...
  9. how do I add a language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a language?: how do I add a language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-language/ba3c4872-2693-4b92-9ab4-f68a5688b9bf
  10. how do I add a font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a font?: How do I add a font to W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-font/e77d5b00-feb8-4052-aa1a-609b0fa53f4f