Windows 10: Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

Discus and support Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, running Windows 10 with no problems until today. Went to check calendar on task bar and all fonts showing up as rectangular blocks. Went to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by e143slime8, Sep 7, 2018.

1. e143slime8 Win User

Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

Hi, running Windows 10 with no problems until today. Went to check calendar on task bar and all fonts showing up as rectangular blocks. Went to type into the search box, same thing, all type that I'm doing is showing up as blocks (although the words "type here to search" are showing). Checked Windows menu tab and all text is showing up as blocks. Rebooted, did a virus and malware scan, no change. All was working fine earlier today. Machine is always on.

HELP!!

:)

e143slime8, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Divya Murugan Win User

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Phillip Pio Win User
    Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Eugene deV Win User

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks - Similar Threads - Fonts Calendar Search

2. customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    customization of font color in drop-down menu boxes: I use an electronic medical record program that has many drop-down menus that I'm able to "check" by clicking on an empty box. My HP Pavillion desktop Windows 10 program fills in the empty box with a light green checkmark that's very hard to see. I'd prefer a dark black...
  3. Start Menu font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu font size: Has anyone figured out how to increase the font size and/or font type in the start menu? All the regular "personalize" options are basically for desktop and text and borders and the like, but nothing for the menu itself. These old eyes are hurtin' !!!! Turning the...
  4. Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?: When tryting to follow instructions I've noticed that my default configured Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to be missing some kind of Search or Find box similar to what Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 had.... Any idea how to get it back? 56216
  5. No search box

in Windows 10 Support
    No search box: Have just clean installed 10 twice now but cannot get the Start button to show me the search box - anu ideas please as I do not want to install yet again because the updates took absolutely ages and my only alternative is to run 10 in Classic Shell as per my other laptop...
  6. Start menu search does not show installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search does not show installed apps: My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does not show any installed apps. I did not mess with the indexing option and dont know what im missing here. How do I have my...
  7. Start menu White box tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu White box tile: I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned. It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other...
  8. Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box: Hi everyone, I don't know if this option even exists, but it's worth a try: When I Installed Win 10, if I wanted to quickly access one of those 6 Win 10 PC 'Folders' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos), I would just had to type in the folder in the...
  9. Start menu search not showing partial matches

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search not showing partial matches: Hi. I have windows 10 home x64 in my desktop. My laptop has the also windows 10 home x64 and displays correctly the start menu search partial matches for words that i search. The desktop won't do that. For example i search in the laptop "word" and it show's me the Microsoft...
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...