Windows 10: Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

Discus and support Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, running Windows 10 with no problems until today. Went to check calendar on task bar and all fonts showing up as rectangular blocks. Went to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by e143slime8, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

Hi, running Windows 10 with no problems until today. Went to check calendar on task bar and all fonts showing up as rectangular blocks. Went to type into the search box, same thing, all type that I'm doing is showing up as blocks (although the words "type here to search" are showing). Checked Windows menu tab and all text is showing up as blocks. Rebooted, did a virus and malware scan, no change. All was working fine earlier today. Machine is always on.

HELP!!

:)

e143slime8, Sep 7, 2018

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks

1. Fonts in Calendar, Search Box and Start menu showing as blocks - Similar Threads - Fonts Calendar Search

2. start menu and search box is not responding on clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and search box is not responding on clicking: Need help start menu,search box and notification not working inshort tried windows settings and services is not opening and its just freeze. I have tried all available solution from youtube but its ain't working...
  3. Search Menu Blocked

Search Menu Blocked: Hi, when i press the windows button and directly start typing to search something, the menu is blocked by a grey part, and it disappears when i tap anywhere on the search menu. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Programs not showing in Start Menu or Search box after SFC and update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not showing in Start Menu or Search box after SFC and update?: I was having the "waiting for cache" problem detailed here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-locks-up-waiting-for-cache/56580dea-4909-4747-b342-4407df8ff287 . I proceeded to follow the instructions in the first post: •- DISM.exe /Online...
  5. Start menu and search box become unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu and search box become unresponsive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, but this started before I upgraded. Whenever it happens, I have to restart the Windows Explorer service to get it to start back. I've looked at the Event Viewer, but nothing seems to jump out. The 2 warnings I see a lot are the...
  6. Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box

Start menu hidden or overlapped by search box: Hi guys, I searched a lot about this issue, my start menu is hidden by the search box. If i invocate it by pressing the start menu key windows key or a click on the button, my start menu is hidden by the search box. This was present in the 1909 and continues with the may...
  7. Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Box Suddenly Changed: Where you see the Start Menu for Windows 10 on the lower left side of your screen, there is usually a white box which reads 'Type here to search'. I can no longer type anything there on my desktop or laptop. I now get a black popup that has some apps at the top and other...
  8. search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search in start menu and "search box" on task bar not working: Hello, no idea why but typing in my start menu and search box suddenly doesn't work. Oddly after playing around with powershell and some tips online (see below) I have gone from nothing appearing in the search box when I type to only the first character of whatever I type...
  9. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  10. Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu lacks search box, is this normal?: When tryting to follow instructions I've noticed that my default configured Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to be missing some kind of Search or Find box similar to what Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 had.... Any idea how to get it back? 56216