Windows 10: Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes

Discus and support Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go into Windows Settings and open Devices, the list of devices shows up as boxes instead of normal fonts. How can I fix this? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kapurcell, Aug 29, 2019.

1. kapurcell Win User

Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes

When I go into Windows Settings and open Devices, the list of devices shows up as boxes instead of normal fonts. How can I fix this?

Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes ecdcb9e4-9e52-4fe5-9966-bc42a5082eed?upload=true.png

:)

kapurcell, Aug 29, 2019
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Aug 29, 2019
  3. fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Fonts in Devices Section of Settings Shows Up as Boxes - Similar Threads - Fonts Devices Section

2. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  3. Login box not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login box not showing up: When i start up windows and get to the login screen there is only a log in button and no box where i usually type my pin, when i press the button it first says to wait a moment then just does nothing...
  4. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

in Cortana
    Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?: Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember documents showing up in the all tab before but I'm not sure. From what I know search index should only affect the speed of...
  5. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?: Hello, I notice that with search index off I don't see any documents showing up unless I click on the documents tab. Is this normal? I kind of remember documents showing up in the all tab before but I'm not sure. From what I know search index should only affect the speed of...
  6. Windows search box - No documents show up in all section?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings: Product: HP Pavilion Notebook M2W70PA#AC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit As stated in Subject, cannot see Device Encryption Option in about section of Settings - OS : Window 10 Home Single language -Checked for Device Encryption Support in System...
  8. Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse drivers showing up in keyboard section, keyboard drivers showing up in mouse section: is this a problem? if so how can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-drivers-showing-up-in-keyboard-section/5fb0eead-4191-4aa7-9788-e6400e7088d4
  9. Printer Not showing up in Devices in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Not showing up in Devices in settings: I had a printer that was not functioning properly, so I removed it, planning to reinstall. When I tried to reinstall the drivers, it said the drivers were already there, and recommended using them. I clicked ok. The printer never showed up in my list of printers. I tried...
  10. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth & other devices font

2. font not seen boxes invisible

3. surface bluetooth shows squares

4. windows 10 bluetooth & other devices settings all rectangles instead of text,
  5. bluetooth & other devices settings shows little squares not text