Windows 10: Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font

Discus and support Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I recently downloaded new fonts and installed them in the fonts folder Windows 10. What happened is that all my fonts changed name after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TatS., Jun 18, 2020.

1. TatS. Win User

Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font

Hi!

I recently downloaded new fonts and installed them in the fonts folder Windows 10.

What happened is that all my fonts changed name after installing one, I can't delete them or rename them. I know it's a problem with Trusted Installer but I can't go through all of the thousands of fonts I have and change the authorization for each one of them. Plus all my previous fonts disappeared from the folder even if they still appear available on Photoshop and on Word.

How can I solve this?

Thank you

T.

:)

TatS., Jun 18, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Font name ?

I am building a website,and for content on it i wanna use this font. But i don't know what font is it ...all the fonts that i have in Photoshop don't resemble. Can you guys name the font ?

Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font [​IMG]

3. RCoon Win User
    Font name ?

I'll take a wild guess and assume that's a custom made font for whatever that is. you can check Google Fonts archives or DaFont for something that might look remotely similar. It's a gothic type of whatever it is.

RCoon, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font

1. Fonts in folder changed names after installing one font - Similar Threads - Fonts folder changed

2. font issue after installing new font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    font issue after installing new font: after installing new font in windows 11, some text in specific language in browsers is like this [][][][]. i have tried several browsers . this problem only on browser. before installing font it was perfect . how to fix this?...
  3. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  5. Change font in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change font in folders: Hello. I would like to change the font in my folders. I’ve searched online and also in this forum and most people seem to say that doing so requires tweaking the registry which can cause problems. Is this accurate, is there a simple procedure to do this? Thanks for any...
  6. changing the font's name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing the font's name: Hi, is there a way to change a font's name? from what I read I'm getting conflicting answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-fonts-name/ba8d7c4c-bb53-4fb6-8c25-d1ac8ec90237
  7. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  8. Changing folder font color

Changing folder font color: Hi, I'd like your support on how to change font color in folders in Windows 10. I'd like to have them in black, I found this advice online but it didn't work, many thanks! What you'll have to do, is right-click your desktop background, and select Personalize. Then, change...
  9. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  10. Font Change after Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Change after Install: I am a CAD drafter. After install of Win. 10, All of my saved font styles were reverted to standard. I REALLY need a fix for this. I am currently working on about 6 projects and every page is incorrectly set up now. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!! 13459