Windows 10: Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign

Discus and support Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was trying to use a font from Word in InDesign but saw that it wasn't there. Noticed this is the case with a lot of other fonts - I'm able to use them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stacey Cresencia, May 13, 2020.

1. Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign

Was trying to use a font from Word in InDesign but saw that it wasn't there. Noticed this is the case with a lot of other fonts - I'm able to use them in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, but they aren't available in the font lists for InDesign or Illustrator. They also don't appear in the main font folder on my Local Disk. Was hoping to be able to access the same fonts from all of my applications, but are certain fonts only usable in certain applications?

:)

Stacey Cresencia, May 13, 2020
  2. CheeWengY Win User

Installed fonts don't show on Word and PowerPoint

I downloaded some fonts from DaFont and 101fonts. After unzipping them, I installed them. It shows up on the font list in Word and PowerPoint. It also shows up in the Windows/Fonts folder. But when I apply it to the text (in Word and PowerPoint), it doesn't
    show the font. Instead, it goes to some different typeface. Appreciate help.

CheeWengY, May 13, 2020
  3. Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10

I have two computers with Windows 10 installed (one an upgrade from Windows 7, the other an original Windows 10 installation)

A new project requires the following OpenType fonts in TheSerifBlack font family:

TheSerifBlack-Caps

TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic

TheSerifBlack-Italic

TheSerifBlack-Plain

While the fonts install using the usual procedure for font installation in Windows 10 (right click on the font and select "install" from the dropbox menu), only two of the four fonts are available in InDesign.
    Here are some additional facts that may help narrow down the source of the problem:

1. If I go to the Fonts (either through the Fonts Control Panel or in the actual fonts directory [C:\Windows\Fonts]) only two are displayed, in the following order in the Font List: TheSerifBlack-Caps,
    then TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic

2. If I delete the first (leftmost in the horizontal listing), *then* TheSerifBlack-Plain font appears and is available in InDesign (but the "-Caps" font is now gone in the Windows Fonts listing and is
    unavailable in InDesign). Similarly, if I delete the second (rightmost in the horizontal listing), *then* TheSerifBlack-Italic font appears and is available in InDesign (but the "-CapsItalic" font is gone form the Windows Fonts listing and is now unavailable
    in InDesign).

3. Oddly, if I use a TrueType version of the font, *the same thing happens*. This suggests that perhaps the problem is that something about the *name* of the fonts (screen names are the same for both OTF
    and TTF versions) conflicts with some other fonts in my system.

All available updates for Windows 10 are installed.

Also, the direct cut-and-paste method for installing the font in the Windows Font folder (something some Windows users suggest as a solution to missing-fonts in a typeface family problems like mine) does not
    solve the problem.

I am at a loss how to proceed. I hope someone out there has a solution and await word back.

Desperate in Boulder,

JazzboPotter, May 13, 2020
  4. stefskee Win User

Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign

"Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

This was happening to me, too. As a workaround, try copying the fonts directly into your InDesign fonts folder on your C drive, and they should show up.

Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe InDesign \ Fonts

stefskee, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign

1. Fonts in Word Don't Show in InDesign - Similar Threads - Fonts Word Don't

2. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adobe indesign: I am unable to install adobe indesign onto my pc. When trying to install I am told that the app is not in the microsoft app store and to change my settings. However there is no instruction on how to change my settings. Please could you help....
  3. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe indesign: I am unable to install adobe indesign onto my pc. When trying to install I am told that the app is not in the microsoft app store and to change my settings. However there is no instruction on how to change my settings. Please could you help....
  4. adobe indesign

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Fonts in Microsoft Word: Hello, I've noticed that some fonts are missing in Microsoft Word on my Windows 10 PC. These are fonts that I've used before, but now they're no longer available in the font menu. I've checked the Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the fonts are still installed on my...
  6. Font size in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Font size in word: Word 2016 has default font size of 11 but the size in any document when opened is very large maybe 18 or more. I cant change the size on any document Any thoughts 143691
  7. Installed fonts don't show on Word and PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed fonts don't show on Word and PowerPoint: I downloaded some fonts from DaFont and 101fonts. After unzipping them, I installed them. It shows up on the font list in Word and PowerPoint. It also shows up in the Windows/Fonts folder. But when I apply it to the text (in Word and PowerPoint), it doesn't show the font....
  8. Change default font in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default font in Word: How can I change my default font and size when I create a Word doc? Thank you! Darlene J. Brent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-font-in-word/784c957a-2031-42bd-a6f6-a0b1fb2a2837"
  9. Comments don't show in MS Word 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comments don't show in MS Word 2016: Hi everyone! my problem appears today after the windows update "..1709" I always open File Explorer and find my Word or PowerPoint files with a comment that shows what is inside each file. but now I can no longer see the comment. 96203
  10. Words and Fonts are not sharp.

in Windows 10 Support
    Words and Fonts are not sharp.: After I did the upgrade, the font of my system are just horrible. They are not as sharp as before, the best way to describe it, is that they look like they where printed with a misaligned print head, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Does anyone else have this...