Windows 10: Fonts installing into wrong registry key

Discus and support Fonts installing into wrong registry key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. When I download and install fonts to my pc, they show up in the fonts folder, but not in the hkey_localmachine registry like the standard ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amlelu2019, May 30, 2019.

1. Fonts installing into wrong registry key

Hello. When I download and install fonts to my pc, they show up in the fonts folder, but not in the hkey_localmachine registry like the standard ones do, so they don't work and they can't be deleted. I found that the fonts are going to the hkey_user registry. How do I fix that so that the fonts are usable?

:)

amlelu2019, May 30, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 30, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Error message "This Font Is Already Installed. Do You Want To Replace It"

Thank you again for your reply.

In this case, we suggest deleting all existing fonts listed in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts. Please see the steps below:

To delete the fonts in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    • Type %windir%\fonts, then hit Enter.
    • Click the font that you want to remove. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the
      CTRL key while you select each font.
    • On the File menu, click Delete.
    • When you receive the "Are you sure you want to delete these fonts?" prompt, click
      Yes.

To delete the fonts in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    • Type regedit, then hit Enter.
    • Navigate the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts.
    • Click the font that you want to remove. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold the
      CTRL key while you select each font.
    • Right-click on the highlighted fonts, then select Delete.
    • When your receive the "Deleting certain registry values could cause system instability. Are you sure you want to permanently delete this value?" prompt, click
      Yes.

Once you're done with deleting all the fonts, please try to install them again.

Note: You can prevent a font from loading without removing it from the hard disk. To do this, move the font from the Windows\Fonts folder to another folder.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, May 30, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

Fonts installing into wrong registry key

Deleted wrong registry keys

This will not be helpful, it is more an expanding on @bro67's post.

I've made some screenshots of my registry to show how it looks like on my system.

Fonts installing into wrong registry key [​IMG]

Thema:

Fonts installing into wrong registry key

1. Fonts installing into wrong registry key - Similar Threads - Fonts installing wrong

2. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  3. Font is showing wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is showing wrong: Several websites are displaying totally wrong font. Also, when using editing software I'm told I am missing the font Futura Medium which I am not, as I have the entire Futura font family installed.SO I suspect the problem is in Futura font, so when websites use this font its...
  4. My registry key seems to be wrong type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My registry key seems to be wrong type: Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I...
  5. My registry key seems to be wrong type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My registry key seems to be wrong type: Hello,I'm trying to fix some bug that is my old games always minimize when choose full screen option.There is a solution is to change the value of registry key "ForegroundLockTimeout".I realize that in all the tutorials I watch the type of that key are always "REG_DWORD". I...
  6. Wrong system font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong system font: Hi I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, but the system font is partially wrong. It is simply too bug in many places. I have already made sure that the font setting is at 100%. Here is an example from MSSQL SMS: [ATTACH] The last item "Properties" has the correct...
  7. The wrong font is displaying.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The wrong font is displaying.: Dear Microsoft & Users, I am experiencing this specifically on my Laptop, i've tried it on different computers, its working fine on others but not in mine. System Details :- Lenovo Z-51, Windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  8. wrong font

wrong font: the font on my task bar is one I can't read, how do I change it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-font/7f72be38-b154-4569-a188-b5097717172a
  9. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. Deleted wrong registry keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted wrong registry keys: Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now. Found a solution to my problem that included deleting the Config key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which registry key user installed fonts