Windows 10: Fonts look different

Discus and support Fonts look different in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So basically, the fonts in Windows 10 can look different for some reason. I was voice calling with friend of mine and he shared his screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/astroxen, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Fonts look different

Fonts look different bk5ggq90SCsn7O5gcU9u34TFrodncppYYNba21y6AjA.jpg

So basically, the fonts in Windows 10 can look different for some reason. I was voice calling with friend of mine and he shared his screen, and his file explorer font looks so much cleaner than what I have. The folder icons also look smaller and sleeker. Is there a reason for this?

Here's a picture of his font:

https://preview.redd.it/axd3mgbnuq5...bp&s=fc3f80a6763172c4f3ca43cfe91843db83979a5d

Now here's my font:

https://preview.redd.it/6tgnjk0vuq5...bp&s=48fbb88020162e09161c145a972b96d2cbb2b90e

submitted by /u/astroxen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/astroxen, Dec 17, 2020

2. different font for same received mail

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that Times-Roman is the default font style in mail app.

I suggest you to provide a feedback and be assured that the concerned team will look into the matter. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key and type feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback app and share the feedback.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need any assistance and we'll be glad to help you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 17, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 17, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts look different

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Fonts look different

1. Fonts look different - Similar Threads - Fonts different

2. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  3. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  4. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  6. Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator

Cmd font is different from cmd run as administrator vs run without administrator: idk why this is but its annoyingwhen you start a cmd as admin you will execute "conhost.exe" / "cmd.exe"when you start a cmd without admin you will execute "windowsTerminal.exe" / "OpenConsole.exe"this leads for some reason to a discrepancy between starting size and font art...
  7. Clock and date on Windows 11's taskbar somehow have a different font.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock and date on Windows 11's taskbar somehow have a different font.: I know this is just a small detail or bug and won't be that noticeable by most people, I do really like the new Segoe UI Variable that spread throughout Windows 11. However, I noticed that the clock and date on the taskbar don't follow the new font and keep with the Calibri ?...
  8. Clock and date on Windows 11's taskbar somehow have a different font.

Clock and date on Windows 11's taskbar somehow have a different font.: I know this is just a small detail or bug and won't be that noticeable by most people, I do really like the new Segoe UI Variable that spread throughout Windows 11. However, I noticed that the clock and date on the taskbar don't follow the new font and keep with the Calibri ?...
  9. Match font size between different applications

Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...
  10. Match font size between different applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Match font size between different applications: OS: Win 11Problem: File explorer and system dialog font sizes don't match font size settings, and are far too small to read - see screenshot.Detail: System dialog and file explorer font sizes don't match the rest of the environment. File explorer font size is very small, and...