Windows 10: Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update

Discus and support Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] A couple of months ago I had a Windows update available. After installing it I noticed that the font in some apps and web pages were jammed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sebalbiero, May 15, 2020.

1. Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update

Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update bcL1cMWx5AUAvRigBGijRCcJaIZb2wx97hVmuH8baCo.jpg

A couple of months ago I had a Windows update available. After installing it I noticed that the font in some apps and web pages were jammed up together.

I checked the same pages both in Chrome and in Microsoft Edge and they look the same, so it's not a chrome setting.

It seems to be stucked in Helvetica Neue, and it only happens in specific apps and webs.

https://preview.redd.it/901rdo2vdyy...bp&s=4ee68184930944ae79d81d4ddb3de0bda30f17b3

https://preview.redd.it/gavzgofddyy...bp&s=9d63a1d8ca0fe085c79635e6d5d6921af3d8cc9d

https://preview.redd.it/dfabslfddyy...bp&s=486e4275e93c9c06293031d61a8e7b10b0087b26

https://preview.redd.it/d1cqdnfddyy...bp&s=c8f7c6ba0795d212a699cbf7abfe7fe365e3f3e6

submitted by /u/sebalbiero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sebalbiero, May 15, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 15, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, May 15, 2020
  4. Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update

1. Fonts looking jammed up after Windows10 update - Similar Threads - Fonts looking jammed

2. Jammed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jammed!: All of my network connections refuse to function properly, Including drivers. Aka, No network drivers, And the only one which is the network controller is down? Bluetooth is gone too, and ive tried recovering from a different PC. ****???...
  3. Jammed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jammed!: All of my network connections refuse to function properly, Including drivers. Aka, No network drivers, And the only one which is the network controller is down? Bluetooth is gone too, and ive tried recovering from a different PC. ****???...
  4. Font's look pixelated

Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  5. Font's look pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  6. Font's look pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. The content in the Windows10 Notepad window is jammed up against the left margin with zero...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The content in the Windows10 Notepad window is jammed up against the left margin with zero...: When using Notepad in Windows10, the content is jammed up against the left, there is zero padding, and that makes it difficult to read. There doesn't seem to be a way to alter the padding. Please don't tell me about the page setup because that only alters how the content gets...
  8. The content in the Windows10 Notepad window is jammed up against the left margin with zero...

The content in the Windows10 Notepad window is jammed up against the left margin with zero...: When using Notepad in Windows10, the content is jammed up against the left, there is zero padding, and that makes it difficult to read. There doesn't seem to be a way to alter the padding. Please don't tell me about the page setup because that only alters how the content gets...
  9. Fonts look different

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fonts look different: [ATTACH] So basically, the fonts in Windows 10 can look different for some reason. I was voice calling with friend of mine and he shared his screen, and his file explorer font looks so much cleaner than what I have. The folder icons also look smaller and sleeker. Is there...
  10. Start Menu shortcuts look jammed and are not functional

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu shortcuts look jammed and are not functional: So, just opened the Start Menu and it appears my shortcuts are blued out; the icons and the names don't appear. Instead of the name of the file, game, program, I get a bizarre looking link to the directory. Instead of a C:/... which would be reasonable (albeit, not how the...