Windows 10: Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!

Discus and support Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are very few fonts around 140 in my fonts folder on windows. When using an office program like word - there are far more available. For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by altum, Aug 23, 2020.

1. altum Win User

Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!

There are very few fonts around 140 in my fonts folder on windows. When using an office program like word - there are far more available. For example, I was using Adobe illustrator and wanted to use the 'Cooper Black' font, It wasn't in the list.

I opened Word to check if it was installed, and it was there available for use in Word. I then go to the fonts folder in windows to see what's going on assuming it's an issue with Illustrator maybe not scanning all the fonts, but I find that the 'Cooper Black' font is not in this folder at all.

So my question is; where is it, and how do I make all of these fonts appear in the folder and across all programs?!

Cheers!

:)

altum, Aug 23, 2020

2. Installing 3rd party font on Windows 10 (64)

Right clicking a downloaded 3rd party font does not elicit any dialogue or drop down menu items for installing the font.

What the correct sequence of human actions to install a 3rd party font?

Wayne_Allen Jones, Aug 23, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 23, 2020
  4. dorcask Win User

3rd-party font disappearing

Two weeks ago I installed a 3rd party OTF font - Stone Sans and Stone Serif - in my Win10 laptop. It worked fine with Word and other programs. Today, it's no longer visible and doesn't show up in the Control Panel -> Personalization -> Fonts window either.
    When I try to reinstall the font, I get a Windows message that it's already installed. I re-installed anyway but the fonts still don't show up in programs or in the Fonts window. What do I need to do to have Win10 "recognize" these fonts again? I can't uninstall
    them because they don't show up in the Fonts window (even though I'm told that they are already installed). Help please!

dorcask, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts! - Similar Threads - Fonts missing folder

2. Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder: Hello there,Im looking for help. I've done research on similar problems but I didn't find the solution anyway.I have the font installed and it seems to be installed because when I try to install it again or even missing fonts I got the popup that this font is already...
  3. Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Fonts in Windows/Fonts folder: Hello there,Im looking for help. I've done research on similar problems but I didn't find the solution anyway.I have the font installed and it seems to be installed because when I try to install it again or even missing fonts I got the popup that this font is already...
  4. Installed fonts are missing from font selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed fonts are missing from font selection: This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16. Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, but they don't show up for selection anywhere. In addition trying to update the signature...
  5. missing fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing fonts: I have lost a large volume of fonts following a recent upgrade. What is the easiest way to restore previous fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-fonts/f3d5e73f-7163-46c5-a321-631d81bc9912
  6. missing font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing font: Fonts have disappeared. I surprise because I did not install any software or update. Just when I was running word program, I received not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-font/e815ae83-f392-4ae8-8de4-6caae2cfc256
  7. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  8. Missing fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing fonts: Hi, Not sure if I am in the right section. For some reason, MS Sans Serif and Small fonts are missing from my system. I have had to reset ? my computer because of issues with Update 1903 that weren't fixed by 1909. Don't understand why these fonts are missing. Trying to...
  9. Missing Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Font: I'm looking for some help. I had to reset Windows 10 64 bit due to having to sort out an SQL problem with software I was using. I have just now found that a particular font (Lucida Handwriting) I use is no longer there, I'm not sure about other fonts that could be missing...
  10. Missing Fonts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Missing Fonts: Hi all. I've been using MS Office, WPS Writer and LibreOffice. I installed about a dozen new Fonts last month to the Computer. I need something typed for my Wife and started using MS Word. I noticed the Fonts I installed are not showing in the drop down box. But they are...