Windows 10: Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications

Discus and support Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following this post (I know it's old), doesn't work for me on Windows 10... Installing fonts via command line/script - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wobitancrawfodi, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications

Following this post (I know it's old), doesn't work for me on Windows 10...
    Installing fonts via command line/script - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums

The fonts exist in the \windows\fonts folder
    Registry entries are added thus...

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" /v "ghostdintrek.ttf (TrueType)" /t REG_SZ /d ghostdintrek.ttf /f

But I can't see them in control panel and word and photoshop don't see them either.

If I look from a command prompt, the files exist in Windows\fonts. But looking from explorer or control panel they don't show up. If I try to copy a ttf file to the folder from a command prompt it asks if I want to overwrite the file, so it must exist in the fonts folder.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Wobitancrawfodi, Jul 25, 2020
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Installed font not showing in Windows 10 Pro

Hi Greg -- I am not trying to change fonts, I am trying to add a font my team purchased. I have the file on my computer and I installed it. But it is not showing up in the font list on Windows 10 Pro control panel. When I search for it the fonts search
    bar -- it does not show up. When I search in the Windows command line it does not show up. When I drag and drop the font file into the control panel font list, a pop up window says "this font is already installed, do you want to replace" and I clicked "yes"
    and the font is still not there

Jennifer Moore6, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications

1. Fonts not showing up in control panel or applications - Similar Threads - Fonts showing control

2. Font's aren't shown in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font's aren't shown in control panel: Hey,I have a problem in control panel of windows 10.Font's aren't visible in some of these options:-• Autoplay• Backup and Restore Windows 7• Default Programs• Internet Options• Mobility Centre Control Panel• Network and Sharing Centre• Power Options• Recovery• Sync Centre•...
  3. Font's aren't shown in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Font's aren't shown in control panel: Hey,I have a problem in control panel of windows 10.Font's aren't visible in some of these options:-• Autoplay• Backup and Restore Windows 7• Default Programs• Internet Options• Mobility Centre Control Panel• Network and Sharing Centre• Power Options• Recovery• Sync Centre•...
  4. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  5. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open fonts in control panel: When I'm trying to open "fonts" in control panel, windows open "documents" in file explorer for me.How can I fix it?Device specification: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-fonts-in-control-panel/7b33a2da-29cc-4328-856d-7da0327a4c46
  6. unable to open fonts in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  8. Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset is working, but not showing up in control panel: My sound wasn't working on my headset or speakers on my laptop, so I updated my PC to fix it. It worked, and my headset and speakers work too, but now my headset is not showing up in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Sound. Does anyone know how to fix this? Because I...
  9. Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel is showing an incomplete list of Installed Applications: This is all that's showing when I open Programs and Features. I wanted to uninstall Skype for Business and a bunch of other buggy programs that are slowing down my boot time. [ATTACH]...
  10. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546