Windows 10: Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

Discus and support Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but cant use them . Can i delete the font folder and start over ? And it wont let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RosePeabody, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but cant use them . Can i delete the font folder and start over ? And it wont let me down load any to this folder . Help Please

:)

RosePeabody, Apr 30, 2019
  2. frankma Win User

Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

Hello,

I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it.

I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty.

I can't see the fonts in the folder to add or even delete any. However if I right click the folder itself under properties and it does the file count all the fonts are counted.

They also appear in applications. For example, in Open Office Writer in the Font drop down the fonts all appear.

I just can't get them to show in the font folder and I don't know what to do! I'd gladly delete some but I don't even have that option now. I created a monster in a sense.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

frankma, Apr 30, 2019
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

"Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, none of the previous answers solves my problem.

I try to install fonts. According to Windows that also works but I cannot see the installed fonts in the Windows Fonts folder and neither do they show up in Illustrator.

When I copy a font file into the Windows Fonts folder it says "The "xxxxxx" font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?" - I click yes, but still - the font does not show.

It's not a problem of the font file as it was working previously. Same happens to hundreds of other fonts. Says they are installed but they don't show and they are not selectable in other applications.

Thanks for your help!

Marc1543245, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can...

1. Fonts not showing up in the fonts folder . It says they are there but caint use them . Can... - Similar Threads - Fonts showing fonts

2. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  3. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font folder says it's empty.: I'm trying to delete a font, but the when I got the CONTROL PANEL then FONTS, the folder is empty. I went to VIEW to unhide and still nothing. I went the Registry Editor and says it's in use. I bought a new copy of Microsoft Windows 10 and still the file is empty. Please...
  4. Font folder says it's empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  6. Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?

Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?: Hello. I've got a font in my drop down list in Adobe showing as 'Acumin Variable Concept' although I've never installed the font. I've also never used it via Adobe fonts and it is deactivated. I just reformated my PC and it is still there. Also when I activate the font in...
  7. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  8. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  9. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  10. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder: I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized...