Windows 10: Fonts not working in photoshop.

Discus and support Fonts not working in photoshop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. I use photoshop for work and have special fonts I use to do that work. Now when I go to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkRininger, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Fonts not working in photoshop.

I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. I use photoshop for work and have special fonts I use to do that work. Now when I go to use photoshop I get "Selected font failed during last operation" message. I can not seem to fix the issue. Can anybody help?

:)

MarkRininger, Dec 5, 2018

2. Photoshop 5 worked a couple times in Windows 10

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand how it feels when things doesn't work as expected.

Method 1: I suggest you to reinstalling Adobe Photoshop 5 and check if it helps.

Method 2: If the issues persists, try to reinstall Adobe Photoshop in compatibility mode and check if it helps. This might have caused due to any compatibility issues.

Follow these steps for installing Photoshop in compatibility mode.

• Place the applications installation file on the Desktop.
    • Right Click the applications installation file and select
      Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options from the list in the following image.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan M K, Dec 5, 2018
  3. AlSmoke Win User
    Photoshop Fonts Menu Truncated After Windows Update?

The latest big Windows update (which might be 1803...I'm not sure) has caused a weird issue: The font selection menu in Photoshop (CS, ver. 8) is truncated. The list is arranged alphabetically, for the most part, and it now ENDS abruptly somewhere around
    the letter M. I have something like 3,000 fonts installed, so being unable to access two-thirds of them is a BIG problem.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? And are there any suggestions for a fix? Thanks!

Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade

AlSmoke, Dec 5, 2018
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts not working in photoshop.

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Fonts not working in photoshop.

1. Fonts not working in photoshop. - Similar Threads - Fonts working photoshop

2. HELP - Windows 11 will not work Photoshop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP - Windows 11 will not work Photoshop...: HELP - Windows 11 will not work Photoshop Elements 2021 or 2022 or any others ... it crashing in the middle of an editing or saving session... I had an Adobe Photoshop Rep help me for 3hrs of which it appeared to work - until an upgrade or windows - or microsoft ... I am a...
  3. Font Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font Not Working: Narkisim is such a beautiful-looking font. I have just downloaded it, but it does not seem to be working whenever I type in documents on Word. What happened here, and is there a way I could fix this?...
  4. Surface pen not working with photoshop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pen not working with photoshop: Hi! My surface pen is not working with Photoshop but it does work with other apps what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pen-not-working-with-photoshop/7a735994-b882-4fe3-8835-f7368a0f4df0
  5. Some Photoshop shortcuts quit working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Photoshop shortcuts quit working: Moderators - move this thread if necessary but I searched this thread & found similar posts. I've used shortcuts in Photoshop for years but every now & then one or two Photoshop shortcuts quit working. Other shortcuts are not effected. The only major change I've made to my...
  6. Photoshop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photoshop: Hi there What is the best free photo editing programme to download on PC for windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop/2eaf05ee-c0d3-494d-9fd1-166c9a83ed50
  7. touchpad dont work with photoshop after update both window and photoshop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad dont work with photoshop after update both window and photoshop: cant use touchpad to zoom in-out a picture on photoshop 2020 after update both window 10 and photoshop But can do the same on MacBook. thank you. Uhhh and cant find touchpad on device manager for update the driver. I use dell Vostro 7570...
  8. Font I installed not showing in photoshop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font I installed not showing in photoshop: I'm using windows 10 and photoshop 2019. I am trying to install a font and it doesn't show up in photoshop. I drag and drop the OTF font in c:\windows\fonts, and I even restart computer, but it doesn't show up. When I double click the font to install, it installs in...
  9. Photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photoshop: Does Windows 10 Home Come Included With Photoshop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop/753811be-617e-4435-84b3-467420e2cd0f
  10. photoshop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photoshop: One thing I use daily in my hobby is photoshop elements. Its telling me now that unless I have IE 5 or above, some elements will not work. I tried to install IE11 as per a paragraph in a MS site, and I get the message this is not compatible with Win 10. And yet one MS site...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. font appearing in photoshop but not working