Windows 10: Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Discus and support Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattMH, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MattMH Win User

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Hey everyone,

I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does not show. When I copy over the fonts from another machine, it says that the fonts are already installed and can be replaced. After replacing them they still do not show. I have checked the registry keys for the fonts and they do exist. I can delete them and then install the fonts again. This still does not fix the issue as they do not show. Has anyone run into this issue before for certain fonts?

Thank You

:)

MattMH, Mar 6, 2019

2. "Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

Hi Yasir,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have seen this article but is that for Windows 10? My setup is different:

I can go to two different font settings:

1) Control Panel - Appearance and Pers. - Fonts:

2) Windows Settings - Personalization - Fonts

"

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Fonts.
    3. On the File menu, click Fonts to place a check mark.
    4. On the File menu, click Install New Font.
    5. To verify that fonts are being displayed, look in a folder that contains font files (such as the Windows\Fonts folder).
    What File menu? Which check mark?

Thank you

Marc1543245, Mar 6, 2019
  3. "Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, none of the previous answers solves my problem.

I try to install fonts. According to Windows that also works but I cannot see the installed fonts in the Windows Fonts folder and neither do they show up in Illustrator.

When I copy a font file into the Windows Fonts folder it says "The "xxxxxx" font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?" - I click yes, but still - the font does not show.

It's not a problem of the font file as it was working previously. Same happens to hundreds of other fonts. Says they are installed but they don't show and they are not selectable in other applications.

Thanks for your help!

Marc1543245, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

1. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder - Similar Threads - Fonts are installed

2. Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded Fonts That are not in Windows\Font Folder: I have downloaded Fonts recently and can see them in my Font Settings, however, they are not actually in the C:\Windows\Fonts folders and not available to use in my applications. I can see in the Fonts Settings that they are in...
  3. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  4. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  5. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?: Hello. I've got a font in my drop down list in Adobe showing as 'Acumin Variable Concept' although I've never installed the font. I've also never used it via Adobe fonts and it is deactivated. I just reformated my PC and it is still there. Also when I activate the font in...
  7. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  8. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  9. fonts installed but not showing

fonts installed but not showing: Hi I've installed a font family - HK Grotesk - but some of the iterations, ie BOLD, aren't showing when I go to use them in Word. This has happened with other fonts I've installed. I've tried removing the fonts and reinstalling, restarting the pc, downloading from a...
  10. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts: Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty. I can't see the fonts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed fonts not in registry font folder

2. windows 10 installed font not in fonts visible script

3. Settings Personalization Fonts not showing?

4. windows font says installed but not showing,
  5. installed font not showing in folder,
  6. windows10 installed font,
  7. font does not show in fonts folder windows 10,
  8. does windows place fonts in other directories than fonts directory,
  9. windows 10 fonts arent displayed in folder,
  10. fonts in fonts folder not in registry,
  11. fonts show in fonts window but does not show in software,
  12. font is installed but not able see it in Font folder,
  13. windows 10 fonts not showing,
  14. font installed but not showing in font folder on windows 10,
  15. fonts installed but not showing windows 10