Windows 10: Fonts really blurry on one monitor

Discus and support Fonts really blurry on one monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Have a user with a Sony vaio laptop, 15" screen, 1920x1080. They also plug an HDMI cable into a 23" dell widescreen monitor for a second display. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kjstech, Jan 5, 2016.

1. kjstech Win User

Fonts really blurry on one monitor

Have a user with a Sony vaio laptop, 15" screen, 1920x1080. They also plug an HDMI cable into a 23" dell widescreen monitor for a second display. This 23" monitor is also 1920x1080. They are complaining that fonts on this second monitor are blurry. They tried to live with it a week but they said can it be made clear again like it was when they had Windows 7?

Are you familiar with the possibility of fonts being blurry only on one monitor if they are both set to the native?

I'm asking them to see if they change the font dpi to 100%, logoff and on if its any better. For whatever reason that seemed to work for my laptop (another Sony Vaio), but my concern is they will be disappointed at legibility on the laptop screen (it makes everything tiny).

:)

kjstech, Jan 5, 2016

2. windows 10 two monitors

When I hook a second monitor to windows 10, desktop icon fonts become blurry.

One of the icons is remote desktop. The fuzzy font is then also on the remote desktop after logging on to it.

Tricia Whited, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jan 5, 2016
  4. RobboUK Win User

What types of GFX does this laptop in question have? I know I had problems with my Sony Vaio laptop, basically used it a as home cinema system. Plugged into a 32" TV in the bedroom. I had the same issue with texts on web pages, but the video on fullscreen was perfect.

If I remember rightly a latest driver update for intergrated graphics that worked for me but a friend just told me who I am working with right now that, go into the control panel and check the MHZ of the 2nd Screen and check if they are below 60mhz, if thats all fine try changing the resolution downscaling it, then put it back up to 1980 x 1020.

Hope it Helps.

RobboUK, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Fonts really blurry on one monitor - Similar Threads - Fonts really blurry

2. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  3. 2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitors, new one blurry and off-color.: I have recently got a new Dell-SE2417HG Monitor for Christmas, I have had my Dell-P2214H Monitor for a long time, and it has always been the correct color and perfectly focused. When I got my new monitor I noticed it was slightly blurry and very off-color. I have tried...
  4. Blurry monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry monitors: Hello, Everytime I connect my 1920x1080 monitor to my pc I always get a blurry display plus the colors are washed out and look fake, when I look at my monitor in that state it doesn't feel like it's a full HD monitor...the details are unclear and not sharp at all...it is...
  5. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388
  6. TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.: First of all, this may be a little dumb that we did this. But my mom wanted a new monitor for her Acer desktop since hers is broken at the base. So, thankfully we had a small flat screen TV that can be used as a monitor that I hooked up via HDMI for her. The size of the TV is...
  7. TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.

in Windows 10 Support
    TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.: First of all, this may be a little dumb that we did this. But my mom wanted a new monitor for her Acer desktop since hers is broken at the base. So, thankfully we had a small flat screen TV that can be used as a monitor that I hooked up via HDMI for her. The size of the TV is...
  8. Blurry font in Properties

Blurry font in Properties: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and I connect to a 27" BenQ screen. The resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine except this tiny but uncomfortable blurry font. It just happens with the Properties, for example, the Ethernet Properties. It is strange that all...
  9. Blurry Font Problem

Blurry Font Problem: My Fonts look terrible . Please help what to do.. I am on build 1803 Updated and i am uploading a photo showing my font issue.Please help i cant even read a page due to this issue.[ATTACH]...
  10. Blurry Fonts Solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Fonts Solution: Has anyone tried this and had luck with it?: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer 71120