Windows 10: fonts - remapping number system

Discus and support fonts - remapping number system in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a pack of fonts, that when used with office 2013, it shows up as gibirish. I have them since office 2003, and had the same problem when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tapuz, Dec 1, 2015.

1. tapuz Win User

fonts - remapping number system

I have a pack of fonts, that when used with office 2013, it shows up as gibirish.
    I have them since office 2003, and had the same problem when I upgraded, and used them with office 2007, a friend of mine, was able to remap them (some type of number system), and it worked great. And it worked fine with office 2010 as well, but when I started using office 2013, I ran into the problem again, the above friend was able to remap some of them, but it takes him between 30 minutes to an hour each font. And not worth his time.
    My question is, if someone would know how to do it, and I can do it myself, or maybe there is a really simple way how to fix it quickly.

The fonts in question, are right to left language fonts, hebrew fonts.
    They work fine in all the programs I tried them, except for office 2013 and above. I have tried on different systems, windows vista up to windows 10, and the problem shows up only in office 2013 and above.

Thanks in advanced.

:)

tapuz, Dec 1, 2015

2. Add button setting is missing

With the freeware tool
    Remap Softkeys
    or
    Softkey Manager
    it is possible to remap the softkey buttons.

Paul Willen, Dec 1, 2015
  3. How to deal with bad sector in "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\events01.rbs"

Here's how I understand it. The drive's controller can mark bad sectors and also remap them without the knowledge of the OS running on it. If during the remap all the data isn't copied properly to the spare sector then of course
    chkdsk /f will detect file system (FS) corruption and fix it using the backup file table or error correction or whatever.
    chkdsk /r can also hit upon a bad sector that the firmware hasn't detected yet, and this will make it add to the OS' own bad cluster table that tells the file system not to use that cluster in future. The job of marking and swapping the bad sector
    on disk is still the controller's.

The Current Pending Sector count (counter 197) is just the number of sectors currently
    marked as unstable (not marked as bad like you wrote) and which
    might be remapped on the next failed write attempt (see
    here
    for a more detailed description). The counter is decremented once the sectors have been successfully remapped. So it seems you have an unstable sector that hasn't been remapped yet by the controller, but IMO running the manufacturer's utility should
    hopefully stress it enough that it should get marked and remapped so that the Pending Sector count falls back to 0. Once that is done either
    chkdsk /f will detect no FS issues due to a successful copy of the data and you'll be good to go, or it will detect an issue and attempt to repair the FS.

Now perhaps running chkdsk /r again will also cause the unstable sector to error out and get marked/remapped, but if you are going to test the drive anyway I recommend the manufacturer's utility over chkdsk (that you've run once as it is). Your
    choice though.

RobertJWin, Dec 1, 2015
Thema:

fonts - remapping number system

1. fonts - remapping number system - Similar Threads - fonts remapping number

2. DMA Remapping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMA Remapping: PLease explin in simple terms what is DMA remapping and does it have anything to do with online purchase protection?Kennth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dma-remapping/b61ebd52-064d-4074-a5d7-8c145e3bc98b
  3. System font

in Windows 10 Customization
    System font: How do I change the background w10 font that shows up when W10 first opens on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-font/d8d1a0a1-a404-4589-80be-29ad9b7e4ea9
  4. How to remap numbers on Azerty keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap numbers on Azerty keyboard?: On french Azerty keyboard, you need to hold shift to input numbers. How could I edit the registry so I can input numbers without holding shift? submitted by /u/Alectronapolis [link] [comments]...
  5. Keyboard remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  6. System font missing?

System font missing?: I recently had to do a cleanup of the font folder due to some corrupt fonts. I am now using Suitcase to run fonts for Adobe programs. I DO NOT want to do a System restore or font restore. I seem to have messed with the font that creates the check marks, chevrons and other...
  7. Keyboard remapping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...
  8. Page numbers in Gujarati Fonts

Page numbers in Gujarati Fonts: Hi In Word document I would like to use Gujarati language to insert the Page numbers. At the moment I am getting English Page number. I looked at the option and saw Hindi Option but no Gujarati option. Can any one help to insert page numbers in Gujarati ? Thanks....
  9. Changing the font on system

Changing the font on system: *Mad *Mad Why have Microsoft done away with what they had on Windows 7? On Windows 7, you could go into CONTROL PANEL and into display, and totally change the appearance of things on your computer including FONTS that were used for things such as title bar, active title...
  10. System Font Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    System Font Restore: Hi Somehow I have changed my system font and I would like to restore it back to the default setting. I went to Control Panel. Found Font Settings and then I clicked the button "Restore Default Font Settings". The button dimmed (like it was working) but nothing...