Windows 10: Fonts showing oriental and other characters

Discus and support Fonts showing oriental and other characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to Windows > Fonts, I see several fonts (TrueType and OpenType) whose icons show what seems to be Japanese and/or other oriental language and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, May 19, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

Fonts showing oriental and other characters

When I go to Windows > Fonts, I see several fonts (TrueType and OpenType) whose icons show what seems to be Japanese and/or other oriental language and other stuff. ▼ But if I open one of these font files, the preview shows the occidental alphabet with its symbols and stuff, but not those that appear as aforementioned. Check the DFGothic-EB Regular example. ▼ Is it a problem? If yes, is there a fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19043.985

:)

Paultx, May 19, 2021
  2. drenstin Win User

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

how to show korean fonts/characters on 5800xm?

drenstin, May 19, 2021
  3. jerbil Win User
    Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not?

Fonts showing oriental and other characters [​IMG]

jerbil, May 19, 2021
  4. Fonts showing oriental and other characters

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Fonts showing oriental and other characters

1. Fonts showing oriental and other characters - Similar Threads - Fonts showing oriental

2. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  3. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  4. Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.

Unicode Devnagari fonts showing up as either blocks or just English characters.: Hi, I am trying to use some unicode Devnagari fonts. But when using them to create slides in PowerPoint, I am getting either blocks or latin/English characters. I am using Windows 10 Home single language. These fonts I have used on my previous machine which had win 10 pro and...
  5. Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Showing weird characters like square fonts while installing bat file: I am having issue in installing the batch file . It shows weird characters ( like fonts has not been installed ) when installing the batch file which leads to error. The filename itself shows unrecognizable character. Here is the screenshotscreenshot...
  6. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  7. Custom fonts lack certain characters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom fonts lack certain characters: Have tried installing custom fonts recently. Everything was just fine, however literally all fonts lack some special characters in them. The ones I've found are "previous", "pause", and "next" in the windows player. Not sure how exactly to fix this, but maybe there's a way...
  8. New font doesn't show up the time character properly

in Windows 10 Support
    New font doesn't show up the time character properly: I've switched to the Google Sans font across all my devices (Android and Windows) but there's a small cosmetic problem in visibility of the ":" character in taskbar clock, as you can see it on attached screenshot. I also use small taskbar icons and don't want the date to be...
  9. Orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orientation: Orientation reverts to portrait when computer restarts. How do I make landscape the default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orientation/ba2e1480-c19e-4851-8c70-0fcf974e0c5d
  10. Why is font not displayed in Character Map

Why is font not displayed in Character Map: Recently upgraded to Win 10. Since then, added new font, Helvetica Neue. It shows in File Explorer, it shows in apps generally (see image) but it doesn't show in Character Map. Why not? [img] 23862