Windows 10: Fonts

Discus and support Fonts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I load a new font on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts/5fc0b8ea-48bb-4ed7-9cd1-2c5b27e10c8b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyronDouglas, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Fonts

How do I load a new font on Windows 10?

:)

MyronDouglas, Nov 8, 2018
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 8, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Fonts

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Fonts

1. Fonts - Similar Threads - Fonts

2. Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.: A couple of updates ago, I can’t recall which one, I noticed display problems with some default Windows apps. Icons and buttons won’t display properly. When I move my cursor over them, the background color will change, and sometimes the wrong icon/text will pop up. This has...
  3. Time font is too large on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Time font is too large on external monitor: I have external monitor and the time font gets too large there. The taskbar alert icons are not scaling correctly either. I consider the problem appeared when I dock my laptop. Just restarting helps....
  4. Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit: I have a "Bliss" font that I use on other systems and is licensed for use on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 - Version 1809 It is currently in my fonts list, but unfortunately the Bliss-Regular.otf file I installed appears to be conflicting with a BLISS-Regular_01.otf version...
  5. how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?: my laptop desktop icons on windows 10 system suddenly became enlarged; how can i reset it normal font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-it-desktop-icons-font-to-normal/b006bde7-dcc2-4d2f-bd32-c82e7cdb5860
  6. When I changed the font in my text from 14 to 11 all the spacing was wrong.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I changed the font in my text from 14 to 11 all the spacing was wrong.: When I changed the font in my text from 14 to 11 there were big gaps in between the words. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-changed-the-font-in-my-text-from-14-to-11/cbec7872-f354-4975-8ea9-ce0d1aaec496"
  7. Windows 10 font appears pixelated after Microsoft tech windows adjustments.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 font appears pixelated after Microsoft tech windows adjustments.: Hi Guys, I recently had issues with Word, and Microsoft techs spent over 6 hours trying to fix the problem. This involved a lot of screen sharing and rebooting, and they found a temporary fix. However, I am now sitting with weird small, squished and pixellated font...
  8. Forcing applications to use System Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing applications to use System Fonts: Some of my (older) applications are not displaying fonts correctly all of a sudden. Possibly one of the windows updates. I am being told that this can be remedied in the code if in Visual Studio an option is checked to 'use system fonts' . However, as I don't have access to...
  9. adding new fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding new fonts: I want to add new fonts to the font folder in Windows 10. I have tried every available suggestion and none work. I have nothing in the folder other than preview show or hide. There is no place to download them. I have tried to download copy paste. Nothing works...nothing....
  10. Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size: Why ( Windows 10 Mail App) is the default mail font Calibri 10 and not 12? Every other MS product uses Calibri 10 and my emails look very small and hard to read The alternative is to change each email to Calibri 12, or larger but that is so time consuming and very...