Windows 10: For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done

Discus and support For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of the problems with a virgin install vice upgrading is you have to install all those apps, and what about those modern UI apps and their data??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lparsons21, Oct 5, 2014.

1. For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done

One of the problems with a virgin install vice upgrading is you have to install all those apps, and what about those modern UI apps and their data??

I got a utility called 'window 8 app data backup' or something very close to that title. I backed up the data app data for all the installed apps on my main box and then used the same software to restore it to my W10.

I won't install all my apps from my main box, just the ones I'm most interested in. The app data backup is smart enough to only restore the data for programs that actually exist.

The software is free and simple to use and well worth getting IMO.

:)

lparsons21, Oct 5, 2014

2. A Few things that would beat Android

1. A good file managing system

2. Built-in Codecs for the media player so that ALL video files can be played

3. A fix for the multiple file copies appearing in the media player playlist.

4. Task manager, Kindly create a feature which beats the Android in terms of killing tasks. I cant seem to understand the back back feature

5. Now UI engineering needs focus. Much more, a new UI which has a whole new set of functions, with stunning looks

6. A new set of graphics for switching from one task to another

7. Transparency

8. Start screen photos dont change, dont shuffle, no built in connectivity tiles for WIFI, Bluetooth, mobile network etc.

9. New themes

10. Toast notifications are good but for multiple messages, we need to swipe a lot!!!!

11. Lockscreen needs to be changed

12. Volume settings dont work all the time'

13. Startup screen goes blank.

All the above issues may have been raised already,and maybe Microsoft is working on it but kindly give us a specific date for incorporation of these features. i.e. a time frame.

As a consumer, I have the right to demand better services from your company..... Windows should beat Android if it listens to its consumers.

P.S. The Amber Update didnt do any significant change to this.

And Kindly bridge the gap between the OS and phone!!! Give me a time frame or I choose Linux and Android! They offer more freedom and a File Manager!!

Rishabh Chakrabarti, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Gamer4647 Win User
    Windows 10 reset changed a few things

Apart from HP Support Assistant, there were no other useful programs, only those along the likes of the 'get started with Windows 8' app, which is no longer supported

Also, it is still recognised as HP Stream 7

Gamer4647, Oct 5, 2014
Thema:

For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done

1. For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done - Similar Threads - virgin install here's

2. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  3. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is crashing, I've done everything: It's every day that it happens. It's the problem with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I'm so done with this. Every day when I'm playing games or doing work I always have the thought in my head that my PC's going to crash and I'm going to lose progress on the game or on the work that...
  4. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pc is crashing, I've done everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. few things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    few things: How can i disable com surrogate? another thing: i disabled runtimebroker.exe via registry, and set the value data to 4 over here: 3 when i try settings a program priority to HIGH, it says access denied only happening for a certain program...
  9. No idea what I've done!

in Windows 10 Support
    No idea what I've done!: [img] Hi OK I am having File Explorer problems. Firstly under "This PC" I seem to have 2 Desktop folders (see pic) By default, I have downloaded files (music, movies etc) going straight onto the desktop. Tonight, however, I couldn't find my recently downloaded files...
  10. Few things not working in w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Few things not working in w10: when i when i click on left mouse key in This Pc from desktop and then try to open manage or something its not working and nothing happen, and also pressing Win+X then try to select something like control panel or power option, nothing happen *Sad what to do ? 97y2FOU774A...