Windows 10: FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS

Discus and support FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Ive been researching the issue with paperport failing to load, as i am having issues with it, and couldnt find the answer on NUance / Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lesleylkp, Sep 8, 2018.

1. lesleylkp Win User

FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS

Hi all, Ive been researching the issue with paperport failing to load, as i am having issues with it, and couldnt find the answer on NUance / Windows help pages.

Apparently its an undocumented compatibility issue between Nuance PPT and Firefox believe it or not ... not W10 - you need to make a minor amendment to your registry entry removing Mozilla Firefox as browser se;ection in paperport user settings, and replace with IE or Edge etc

Here is an article - I faffed around installing, uninstalling etc, cleaning registry, doing it all again ... and again, and then found this earlier - IT WORKED!!!!

https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/32441/What-to-do-when-PaperPort-crashes-hangs-or-fails-to-start-popular-fix-for-Mozilla-Firefox-users.html

extract:

PaperPort has the following key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences

It contains many values (fields), one of which is BrowserSelected (a string, i.e., REG_SZ). What Andrea reported is this: when the data in BrowserSelected is Mozilla Firefox, PaperPort crashes! He changed Mozilla Firefox to Internet Explorer and PaperPort no longer crashed! We exchanged several posts there and discovered that any data in BrowserSelected other than Mozilla Firefox will cause PaperPort to open properly. It doesn't even have to be an actual browser name — e.g., it can be xxx.

hope it works for you too FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS :)

:)

lesleylkp, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Scansoft Paperport 11SE (Brother download)

That's not what I'm talking about. Thanks anyway.

Hopefully someone will have the old paperport 11se on the brother application/driver cd. *Smile FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS :)

Freezer, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2018
  4. typeanote Win User

Paperport 14.5 Professional

I have a Brother DCP L2540DW printer/scanner. It came with Paperport that worked with Windows 7 but not Windows 10 Pro.

I just purchased Paperport 14.5 which works with windows 10 pro.

My problem is when I am logged on as the administrator Paperport works fine. However, when I log on as a standard user, Paperport does not "see" a scanner.

As the administrator I shared the printer and scanner installed.

As a standard user I can print but I cannot scan with Paperport.

Any help is appreciated.

typeanote, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH PAPERPORT ** READ THIS - Similar Threads - ANYONE HAVING ISSUES

2. Cannot connect to Bing.com, is anyone else having intermittent connection issues with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to Bing.com, is anyone else having intermittent connection issues with...: I think today's update KB4457128 has done something to my internet connection. I didn't even know that my computer was downloading an update, but when I tried to do a search with bing.com it came up with cannot connect. Then I tried twitter.com and that was down also. I then...
  3. Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone have a fix for windows 10 dvd not reading or writing?: Since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Window s 10 my computer has stopped reading or writing to DVD. I have tried all suggestions i.e. uninstall via device manager, create a new reigistery entry, drivers are up todate nothing has worked. Please has anybody found a fix for...
  4. PaperPort 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PaperPort 12: I have been using PaperPort 12 for a few years and a week ago it stopped working. I click on the start icon and the PaperPort window opens and then it disappears. The program does not open. I tried to fix the program through the Control Panel, but that hasn't fixed it. Has a...
  5. Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone having issues with the Windows Mail App?: I keep having issues with the Windows Mail app. Every time I try to delete things in Yahoo!, it freezes up and stops responding. Is it fixable? 30114
  6. Anyone having problems with the store?

Anyone having problems with the store?: On my desktop it's not loading anything, just circling dots. Actually after several mins it does kick into some life slowly loading stuff but it's very very slow 72439
  7. Anyone having a Windows phone?

Anyone having a Windows phone?: hi guys, Some time ago i bought (for the first time) an Apple 6 IPhone. While i am not raved about it, i wonder if anyone can give info about the Nokia Lumia 930 phone. Any good? Before i buy one for me and give the Apple to my wife, i could use some backup here....
  8. If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

in Windows 10 Support
    If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!: It has taken me four days to solve the disappearing "File Explorer" issue in Windows 10, with absolutely NO HELP from Windows or Microsoft! If your files have suddenly disappeared and file explorer icon does nothing except makes your screen blink and come back....PLEASE DO...
  9. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...
  10. Anyone having this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone having this problem?: Everytime I try and upload a photo, no matter which site, I get "working on it"! Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you fix it? [img] 22654

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Paperport 14 bsod