Windows 10: For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please

Discus and support For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello again. Thought it best to send two msgs, rather than combine them. Have a new 27" 4K LG Monitor. To adjust all of its settings, it has that small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Robert11, May 4, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please

Hello again. Thought it best to send two msgs, rather than combine them. Have a new 27" 4K LG Monitor. To adjust all of its settings, it has that small joystick control under the bezel. It works fine, you can call up all of the setting options, and they do appear. But- I cannot seem to actually change of select them. The Mouse and cursor will not apparently go into the right hand most area whee the settings appear. e.g., the brightness slider: How do I adjust it ? The Mouse/cursor won't go there. And the idiotic msg that keeps coming up on startup to be sure to use only the cables that came with the Monitor. To eliminate it showing, there seems to be very small arrows. Again, nothing I do, including the the Mouse, or the arrows on the keyboard works. You just cannot put the cursor into the message block, to perhaps select these arrows. What, as usual, am I doing incorrectly ? The Monitor is great, but whoever did the software for it should be fired. Should I check for new software revisions, perhaps ? If so, how/where please ? Thanks, really appreciate the help, Bob

:)

Robert11, May 4, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Middle press Joystick to bring up Menu...,
    tilt right for Settings...,
    tilt up or down for which setting..., in this case Quick Settings/Brightness...,
    tilt right to highlight Brightness..., middle click to select...,
    right or left to adjust...,
    middle click to save...,
    UI will auto-disappear after 15 seconds.

For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please [​IMG]

Edwin, May 4, 2021
  3. How do I install new LG 4K Monitor drivers???

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

I followed the steps that many know of here:
    Fix Generic PnP Monitor problem on Windows 10 (Solved)

HOWEVER, in Step 2, it doesn't say to use "Have Disk"..
    And in my case, that's what I had to click in order for the proper .inf to be detected.
    I then was able to choose between installing the LG DisplayPort or the LG HDMI.

Not sure why I have to pick one or the other.
    It was also confusing that the driver details show a date of 2015, but the LG site shows a download update 2021, which contains the 3 files seen in my previous screenshot all dated 2017. Not sure why that is ?

For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please [​IMG]

orlando1974, May 4, 2021
  4. Robert11 Win User

Hello again.

Thought it best to send two msgs, rather than combine them.

Have a new 27" 4K LG Monitor.

To adjust all of its settings, it has that small joystick control under the bezel.

It works fine, you can call up all of the setting options, and they do appear.

But-

I cannot seem to actually change of select them.
    The Mouse and cursor will not apparently go into the right hand most area whee the settings appear.

e.g., the brightness slider: How do I adjust it ? The Mouse/cursor won't go there.

And the idiotic msg that keeps coming up on startup to be sure to use only the cables that came with the Monitor.
    To eliminate it showing, there seems to be very small arrows.

Again, nothing I do, including the the Mouse, or the arrows on the keyboard works.
    You just cannot put the cursor into the message block, to perhaps select these arrows.

What, as usual, am I doing incorrectly ?

The Monitor is great, but whoever did the software for it should be fired.
    Should I check for new software revisions, perhaps ?
    If so, how/where please ?

Thanks, really appreciate the help,
    Bob

Robert11, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please - Similar Threads - Anyone Relatively Monitor

2. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...
  3. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...
  4. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  5. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  6. Suggestions for a new monitor please?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Suggestions for a new monitor please?: Hi all. Looks like my current monitor is dying, so I'm hoping to replace it soon, but I don't want to rush this process. Except I also hate shopping for monitors because they just seem so hit-or-miss, even the exact same model! Anyway, if anyone is willing to suggest some...
  7. Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?: What is the best way to color calibrate a new LG Monitor ? The color is a bit washed out and has a little too much yellow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-calibrate-a-new-lg-monitor/53f4a89e-fe65-4eac-9c12-70801e10ce10
  8. LG Ultra HD Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG Ultra HD Monitor: I have two LG Ultra HD Monitor connected to NVIDAI GeForce GTS 1070 Ti Graphics card. I also have an LG Ultra HD monitor. I have all three monitors running off of my graphic card. One of my LG Ultra HD Monitors has all of the sudden started to flash on and off. When it is...
  9. DVI issue with LG Monitor

DVI issue with LG Monitor: Greetings again. so to make it simple i made a thread not to long ago about a related display issue here > HDMI issues with LG Flatron M2294D ? and was adviced that possibly getting a dvi cable would fix the issueim currently having with my VGA cable. long story short!...
  10. Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling?

Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling?: My biggest use of my computer is research, reading web articles and working with text documents. I also do some photo editing. I understand windows 10 has font scaling and that with the native resolution of these 4K monitors, I will want to increase font and icon size for...