Windows 10: For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

Discus and support For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition can be prurchased or not for complaince point of view ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TarunDixit, Apr 29, 2019.

1. For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition can be prurchased or not for complaince point of view ?

Hi Team

We have purchased refubished laptops that comes with pre installed OEM windows 10 pro and windows 7 pro.

when we reinstall same os it activates automaticlaly beacuse licence is bind witn hardware.

My question, Can we use Refubished/Old laptops with oem windows can be used in oprganization?

:)

TarunDixit, Apr 29, 2019
  2. vetooon Win User

Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Hello,
    4 Years ago I've bought a Sony laptop with Windows 8 preinstalled. After Windows 10 was released, I got a free upgrade to Windows 10 Home. Half a year ago I bought an upgrade from Home to Pro through Microsoft Store.
    I.e. Win 8 OEM => Win 10 Home => Win 10 Pro

Now I bought a new HP laptop with
    Windows 10 Home OEM

I would like to transfer Pro licence to HP and Leave Sony with Home license. I.e.

Sony: Win 10 Pro => Win 10 Home
    HP: Win 10 Home OEM => Win 10 Pro

As far as I understand, Sony is licensed through Digital Licensing, so I will not have a license key to use on HP.
    When I try to explore my licenses through https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders , I can see the purchase, but when I click on Windows
    10 Pro purchased link, it gets me to "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.".

Kindly advice how do I transfer the purchased license. Thank you!

vetooon, Apr 29, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    OEM digital license

What does your thread title (OEM Digital License) mean?

JimWynne, Apr 29, 2019
  4. For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

Windows 10 Pro Digital License

I've upgraded my office PC recently to Windows 10 Pro acquiring a digital license when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC.

Its known that the free Windows 10 upgrade has long expired in 2016

So, Is this Windows 10 digital license acquired through this process using the OEM product key that comes with the PC valid ?

I've tested to upgrade another PC to Windows 10 Pro & similarly when I activated it online using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC, as expected it acquired the digital license successfully.

Can I come to a conclusion that the Windows 10 digital license acquired is valid & its free ?

Would appreciate some feedback so I could continue to upgrade for the rest of my office's PCs & laptops.

My main concern here is to not mess up the Windows 10 licensing issue for my company.

Thank you.

Infra MELL, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition...

1. For compnay refurbished laptops with preinstalled oem(digital license) windows pro edition... - Similar Threads - compnay refurbished laptops

2. Windows 11 home preinstallation needs to be updated with a windows 11 pro OEM license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home preinstallation needs to be updated with a windows 11 pro OEM license.: We have a machine that was bought by a client and given to us with windows 11 home on it. We purchased the license for windows 11 pro and for some reason when going to the settings and changing the product license, it gives an error saying "The product key you entered didn't...
  3. Windows 11 home preinstallation needs to be updated with a windows 11 pro OEM license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home preinstallation needs to be updated with a windows 11 pro OEM license.: We have a machine that was bought by a client and given to us with windows 11 home on it. We purchased the license for windows 11 pro and for some reason when going to the settings and changing the product license, it gives an error saying "The product key you entered didn't...
  4. Refurbished computer new OEM license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished computer new OEM license.: Hi all,I received a refurbished computer, but it came without a Windows license.Is it legal to buy an OEM license and activate it on a refurbished computer or are OEM only for newly bought computers?Is there any site or document with this information?thanks in advance....
  5. Refurbished computer new OEM license.

Refurbished computer new OEM license.: Hi all,I received a refurbished computer, but it came without a Windows license.Is it legal to buy an OEM license and activate it on a refurbished computer or are OEM only for newly bought computers?Is there any site or document with this information?thanks in advance....
  6. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?: Recently I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop off a big commercial Vendor in Guatemala. It was supposed to come with Windows 10 Professional. After the purchase I asked for the product key so that I could reinstall the system for safety reasons. I was told that this product...
  7. Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?

Refurbished Laptop with illegal Windows License?: Recently I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop off a big commercial Vendor in Guatemala. It was supposed to come with Windows 10 Professional. After the purchase I asked for the product key so that I could reinstall the system for safety reasons. I was told that this product...
  8. OEM Windows license for refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Windows license for refurbished PC: Hi, The one computer service organisation proposed to me the "second-hand" refurbished PC with new legal Windows 10 Pro OEM license installed and activated by this service organisation. The previous license on that PC was Windows 10 Home. So this Computer Service bought...
  9. Is the digital download of Windows 10 Pro an OEM or Retail license?

Is the digital download of Windows 10 Pro an OEM or Retail license?: I wanted to buy the digital download version of Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft, https://www.microsoft.com/ro-ro/p/windows-10-pro/df77x4d43rkt? Could you please tell me if this license is OEM, tied to a single computer, or Retail, which can be moved later to another...
  10. Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License

Convert/upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License: Hello to all, I have a general question. Is possible to convert or upgrade preinstalled Windows OEM to Volume License? I purchased my new laptop with Windows 10 Home. How can I upgrade PRO it with Volume License Key without reinstalling the system and programs? I have legal...