Windows 10: For Fast File XFER - Filezilla

Discus and support For Fast File XFER - Filezilla in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I can't recommend this FREE program highly enough - a winner in every way including sftp encrypted secure file transfers Works really fast,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 13, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

For Fast File XFER - Filezilla

Hi there

I can't recommend this FREE program highly enough - a winner in every way including sftp encrypted secure file transfers
    Works really fast, much more reliable than Windows explorer and can re-try, decent logs etc etc.

Fast XFER, Windows to / from Windows, Windows to and from Linux NAS systems, Linux to / from Linux systems

For Windows when RECEIVING files FROM another Windows system ensure the Sending system has openssl server enabled -- it's in the Optional applications install - just install and enable it.

For RECEIVING from any NAS system ensure that the ssh / sshd service is running - just ensure package openssh is installed (usually is by default on most Linux distros).

Here I'm Xferring around 2 TB of files - approx 3,500 files - mainly multimedia between two NAS systems over the Internet

Files located on slowish HDD's on both systems . Exactly same GUI would be on Windows -- Approx half way through the mega Xfer -- moving to new NAS with bigger / faster HDD's.

For Fast File XFER - Filezilla [​IMG]

Get filezilla from here

Download FileZilla Client

Choose filezilla client - not the server !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 13, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 13, 2020
  3. mafia97 Win User
    mafia97, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Filezilla

I use Filezilla on my clansite...it auto disconnects, but as soon as I drag a file over to upload it auto reconnects and uploads the file...really I don't notice or are bothered much by it.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. For Fast File XFER - Filezilla - Similar Threads - Fast File XFER

2. How to make FileZilla as default app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make FileZilla as default app?: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. I have FileZilla and Cyberduck installed in my Win 10 laptop. When I go to settings - default apps - choose default apps by protocolagainst URL: sftp protocol I see Cyberduck listed, on clicking it shows choose an app with options Cyberduck and...
  3. Windows Security Msg- "These files might be harmful to your computer" xfer files between...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Msg- "These files might be harmful to your computer" xfer files between...: I have 2 windows explorer windows open, one on the directory on the windows 10 system, the other on the Xubuntu system. the fact that both are there means the windows system has connectivity to the xubuntu system. I've used this setup to move files like this for over 4...
  4. Remote file edit in Filezilla

Remote file edit in Filezilla: Hi there Just a hint for people using filezilla -- easy way to edit remote files when remote system only has console type text editors (vi/vim etc) If you have a remote server with non GUI - you can still edit files on it via filezilla say from a laptop using a full screen...
  5. Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer

Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer: Hi folks Just to remind people that if you like Filezilla (a load faster than file explorer by a mega factor) it will also much more securely copy files to HDD's / SDD's / directories on the SAME Host as well and it does concurrent transfers not just one at a time. On the...
  6. FTP / SFTP XFER to and from Windows question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP / SFTP XFER to and from Windows question: Hi folks Any networking Guru out there got answers for this query : Xferring same set of files To and From Windows to / From NAS server Linux machine running Arch Linux kernel 5.8.3. The Windows machine - HP laptop i5 processor. No Wifi involved - on LAN with full duplex...
  7. file xfer from Windows laptop to NAS VIA an intermediate VM !!! FAST

file xfer from Windows laptop to NAS VIA an intermediate VM !!! FAST: Hi Network GURUS Any idea why for 20GB of video transfer from a Windows laptop (OS on SSD) to my NAS (because of Networking problems with the latest version of Windows Fast ring release) I had to logon to a Windows QEMU/VM running on the NAS to transfer the files...
  8. Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast

Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast: Hi folks for simple copying from a Remote Nas server TO windows - forget using things like RDP or SAMBA copying with file explorer-- Filezilla client on windows (supports sftp protocol) transfers a zillion times faster --just copied an 80GB Windows Virtual Machine image to a...
  9. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla: Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great. Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files. I have been...
  10. FileZilla Frustration

FileZilla Frustration: I am in the last grit of setting up FileZilla, I am using all the defaults and going through the wizards to set the account details. Problem. Error Failed to create listen socket on port 0, This seems to root in Window 10 Defender. I have found how to open the port...