Windows 10: For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable?

Discus and support For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried registry edit, nothing. I created a new DWORD with a value of 1 by the name DisableAntiSpyware, and it got deleted after a restart (why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StrikingLifeguard, Aug 4, 2020.

1. For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable?

I tried registry edit, nothing. I created a new DWORD with a value of 1 by the name DisableAntiSpyware, and it got deleted after a restart (why though?).

Even Task Scheduler I tried. I also tried to disable real time protection via settings, no shit out of this.

I read that you need to install another anti-virus for the windows defender to be removed. Why would they decide for me what to do with MY computer?

I think some ways are outdated. What are your thoughts on it guys?

submitted by /u/StrikingLifeguard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StrikingLifeguard, Aug 4, 2020

2. Antimalware Service Executable - How do I stop it completely?

Hello Aniax,

As you are facing issues with high performance usage by Antimalware Service Executable service on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Antimalware Service Executable is a part of Windows Essentials.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    GreginMich replied on November 6, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to stop Antimalware Service Executable from hogging cpu on Windows

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 4, 2020
  4. For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable?

Antimalware Service Executable

The most common causes of elevated CPU utilization for the Microsoft Antimalware Engine are undetected malware, and third-party antimalware apps or components:

First, make sure there aren’t any other real-time security apps running on the PC – and also remove any residual AV components by running the clean-up utilities for any previously installed or preinstalled AV apps:

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Then check for undetected malware:

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool:

Free Virus Removal Tool | Free Virus Scanner and Cleaner | Kaspersky

Emsisoft Emergency Kit:

Emsisoft | Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version only):

Malwarebytes Download - Free Virus Scan & Virus Protection Tool

Eset Online Scanner:

Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET

There’s a longer list of trusted third-party scanners here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...-security-questions-best-practices/?p=2413189

Also be aware that every OS update resets the Windows Defender cache of trusted files and requires Defender to rebuild it from scratch. The most noticeable effect is longer scan times, but some of the cache-building work might also be done with background
    tasks that elevate the CPU utilization.

If the issue persists, consider replacing Windows Defender with a free third-party AV app. This will disable Windows Defender and prevent the Antimalware Engine from running. Once you've installed a third-party solution, you'll also have the option
    of enabling Windows Defender’s Limited Periodic Scanning mode, which will perform automatic Quick Scans and will also allow you to do any other type of on-demand scan. Since Defender’s real-time protection (on-access) will remain disabled with this on-demand
    scanning mode, there shouldn’t be any problem with elevated CPU utilization.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ble-from/a3a57d31-4687-43c0-b274-261da7d89245

GreginMich, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable?

1. For god's sake, how the hell do you remove Antimalware Service Executable? - Similar Threads - god's sake hell

2. How to remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Antimalware Service Executable: The scan renders my computer completely useless. I am requesting support from MS to get this removed, refund the cost of this computer, or I will be filing a small claims case in Harris County. This is ridiculous that it consumes soo much memory and completely cripples the...
  3. How to remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Antimalware Service Executable: The scan renders my computer completely useless. I am requesting support from MS to get this removed, refund the cost of this computer, or I will be filing a small claims case in Harris County. This is ridiculous that it consumes soo much memory and completely cripples the...
  4. How to remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How To Remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Antimalware Service Executable: Running windows 11, I've tried everything to remove it, all the common methods didn't work and now I'm just confused as to why.I have turned off real time virus protection and restarted and it remove the program, I excluded it in the exclusions section and restarted and it...
  6. How To Remove Antimalware Service Executable

How To Remove Antimalware Service Executable: Running windows 11, I've tried everything to remove it, all the common methods didn't work and now I'm just confused as to why.I have turned off real time virus protection and restarted and it remove the program, I excluded it in the exclusions section and restarted and it...
  7. Completely Remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completely Remove Antimalware Service Executable: The Antimalware Service Executable is absolutely destroying my Windows 10 experience. It starts without warning, runs until it decides to stop, and takes up ALL of my memory and disk space. With the laptop I have, and the job I work, this is ENTIRELY unacceptable and I demand...
  8. Completely Remove Antimalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Remove Antimalware Service Executable: The Antimalware Service Executable is absolutely destroying my Windows 10 experience. It starts without warning, runs until it decides to stop, and takes up ALL of my memory and disk space. With the laptop I have, and the job I work, this is ENTIRELY unacceptable and I demand...
  9. Completely Remove Antimalware Service Executable

10. How the damn hell do I remove Antimalware Service Executable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How the damn hell do I remove Antimalware Service Executable?: I looked up why this malware is using all my Memory and Disk, and it says to exclude it from the Windows Defender bullshit. It doesn't have a fucking option to exclude anything at all. I have Malwarebytes which doesn't have this fucking problem. submitted by /u/Kitten622...