Windows 10: For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

Discus and support For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2020/06/gamepad-joystick-prevents-monitor-from-sleeping-in-windows-10-2004-updates.html The only option for me it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dekela, Apr 12, 2021.

1. /u/dekela Win User

For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

/u/dekela, Apr 12, 2021

2. PC is almost completely unusable today, is this MS recent bug fix???

No, have not yet. I suppose wirth trying, HOWEVER!, that ms bug fix for those 2 serious CPU bugs may be silent, meaning it wont show in a list. DOES anyone know??

sdowney717, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Long long wait

Hi Pat,

Did you get the notification to upgrade to Windows 10?

We recommend waiting for your upgrade. You will see a notification when it is ready. As long as the Get Windows 10 app says that it is coming, then you should be getting a notification when your upgrade is ready.

Step 1. Disable Third party Antivirus within the Anti-Virus Menu.

Step 2. Disable Third Party Programs in Windows 8.

This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. It starts Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" in the above link.

Step 3. Reboot PC.

Step 4. Run the Windows Update Reset Components in Aggressive Mode -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Registry disclaimer

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Step 5. Reboot PC.

Step 6. Open Command Prompt as admin & type this command "wuauclt.exe /updatenow"

Step 7. Go to Windows Update & ideally you should see the download begin, if you don't see the Windows Update download coming in educate customer to wait for 24-48 hrs.

How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 12, 2021
  4. For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!?

1. For how long should we wait for MS to fix this bug!!? - Similar Threads - long should wait

2. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  3. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long is the wait?: Weird how if you use windows 10 better than 11 downgrade you get the same update error over and over. But when you downdate to windows 11 the only os in the world that forces an internet connection to install spyware. You don't get 0x80070643 update error?...
  4. How long is the wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How long to wait post restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long to wait post restart?: I updated my laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I thought my laptop had been auto updated. It had not, so this was a big upgrade and went slowly. Finally got it 100% downloaded and to the point where it wanted to restart. Hit yes, and now I’ve been at a black...
  6. Bug that Microsoft Should Fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug that Microsoft Should Fix: Dear communityThere is some thing Critically Problematic in Windows securityIf i Press then this Is what i get what is wrong with the windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bug-that-microsoft-should-fix/1dda11cd-5ee3-4a26-815a-84088b9d6519
  7. Bugs that Microsoft Should Fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bugs that Microsoft Should Fix: Dear communityThere is some thing Critically Problematic in Windows securityIf i Press then this Is what i get and if i press custom scan and point to any folder it returns me this errorwhat is wrong with the windows security...
  8. How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should I Keep waiting for windows 10 Resetting?: I decided to reset my PC because it was running super slow and freezing all the time. I reset it and picked the option to remove all my files It has been at 36% Downloading with 1 white dot frozen in place(The dots aren't spinning anymore) Should I keep waiting Or what do I...
  9. How long should chdsk be waited for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  10. Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Disk Repair? How long should i wait?: I need some help! My Asus labtop was working perfectly fine yesterday and upon booting it up today it went to a black screen. I had left it like that for 40 minutes with no luck. I had then turned off my labtop by holding down the power button until it turned off. Upon...