Windows 10: For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz !

Discus and support For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to setup my DV capture device on a dedicated desktop under Windows10 and hit the common problem of unexistent drivers for the FW400... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RegisRMAN, May 29, 2019.

1. RegisRMAN Win User

For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz !

I've been trying to setup my DV capture device on a dedicated desktop under Windows10 and hit the common problem of unexistent drivers for the FW400 interface. After googling for answers I found many posts describing the known workaround.

First I've tried under Win10 x64 LTSC 1803, but the "Legacy" driver didn't appear in the available options.

So, I downloaded the 1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver from this site, but upon installation nothing happened after a fleeting window appeared, no result window or anything, and the Legacy driver still didn't appear in the driver options !

So I unpacked the .msi file, and noticed there were TWO driver versions inside, with the files renamed with a leading "_" and either a "1" or "2" at the end, while the corresponding .inf files text pointed to "normal" filenames... (Way to install a driver, Micro$oft !!!)

After renaming the files correctly, then forcing the install by right-clicking on the .inf files, the legacy driver option FINALLY appeared in the driver options for the controller, but after selecting it it gives a code 10 error "this device cannot start"... For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz ! :mad:

Same thing with the other version of the driver contained in the package.

I've tried with 2 different brands of FW adapters (both PCI), a NEC and a Texas Instruments.

The strangest thing is that on my Win7 laptop (HP Elitebook 8560w. It has a 4-pin FW connector), the legacy driver and capture equipment work just fine !!!

So I tried downgrading to a fresh install on Win7 x64 SP1, this time the legacy driver appears in the driver options, but selecting it gives the same code 10 error ! :'(
    The installed legacy driver version is exactly the same (6.1.7601.17514) on both machines though.

So, what the F could be the problem that's plaguing my desktop's FW interface, and how the hell can I solve it plz ???

I'm at my wits end, and terribly pi$$ed off by this stoopid decision to remove the drivers for an industry standard such as the Firewire bus !! I've lost 2 weeks of time because of this "bug", and my blood pressure is dangerously rising... For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz ! :(

(if it matters, the desktop machine's hardware is as follows :

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 mobo

I7-5775C

32G DDR3 1600MHz

Radeon RX590

PCI Firewire adapter (NEC or TI)

Latest X64 drivers)

:)

RegisRMAN, May 29, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

PLZ Comment on what i'm buying

UPDATE : thx to everyone's helpful's suggestions , i'm going with p35 and 4gb ddr2 800 . Now plz suggest me good and reliable motherboard in this category, preferrably firewire onboard .

What i'm buying - q6600 , plz suggest a good cooler for this which will fit easily and any guide on how to fit that will be helpful .

Also graphic card 8800gs 384 mb for 129$ ? good ?

I have the rest of the components .

wolf2009, May 29, 2019
  3. FireWire Malfunction

I have an old video camera that requires a firewire. I've had two different firewire to USB ports saying that they have both malfunctioned within the seconds of inserting them into my computer. I've downloaded the IEEE 1394 Legacy ports and done them step
    by step but to no avail. Nothing seems to work and it keeps saying that it's malfunctioned. Please help!

AnthonyCanapini, May 29, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

PLZ Comment on what i'm buying

If $129 is all you could spare for a video-card then the 8800 GS looks good. Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P should match your criteria, it comes with two 1394a ports.

Xigmatek HDT-S1283 looks a nice cooler for its price.

btarunr, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz ! - Similar Threads - engineers Help Firewire

2. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  3. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver

BSOD When Trying to Update to Legacy Firewire Driver: So I'm caught in a frustrating catch-22.I recently purchased a Firewire card to transfer some old DV tapes over firewire via the camcorder. Did this no problem. I'd like to keep the card attached for other projects involving the camcorder and other Firewire devices.Ever since...
  6. Plz help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plz help: Don’t know what’s? I just updated windows and restarted the computer, but now it’s stuck on a black screen with the mouse and blue loading circle. submitted by /u/Elvisdv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jtbjk1/plz_help/
  7. help plz

help plz: so um anyone know how to get to this thing power configuration manager utility? i want to disable boost clock on my laptop and i googled it and it told me to go to power configuration manager utility but idk where is it. i did google power configuration manager utility but it...
  8. plz help

plz help: i did a windows update today thinking it’s legit , but now i’m worried it’s not. i got an alert pop up telling me it was scheduled for a certain time, and whether i wanted to push it back an hour or not. i pushed it back and now it’s updating... but it’s taking forever and...
  9. Plz help plz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plz help plz: I was trying to solve login profilr error and i deleted the admin and the restarted my computer. It shows a black screen and when i click on windows button start menu apper which responses but no app is able to come up on screen the screen turns black not even task manager is...
  10. For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz !

For M$ "engineers" : Help with Firewire Legacy mode plz !: I've been trying to setup my DV capture device on a dedicated desktop under Windows10 and hit the common problem of unexistent drivers for the FW400 interface. After googling for answers I found many posts describing the known workaround. First I've tried under Win10 x64...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ieee 1394 legacy driver windows 10 download

2. windows support 1394