Windows 10: For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore

Discus and support For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two disk, one ssd and other (D:)DATA, because I wanted to save space in C disk, I wanted to change the location of the download folder, that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancescaMaisto, Dec 4, 2019.

1. For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore

I have two disk, one ssd and other (DFor mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore :)DATA, because I wanted to save space in C disk, I wanted to change the location of the download folder, that was originally in C, when I changed the location, for a mistake a reassign D to be downloads folder. How can I restore this? I think that I don't have Respalds on the computer, cause its a brand new.

Thank you very much.

:)

FrancescaMaisto, Dec 4, 2019
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 4, 2019
  4. For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore

Download and Documents folders merged

Hey everyone,

So I tried to change the default user locations for my downloads, videos, documents and etc folders from the C to the D drive.

While doing so, somehow, I merged the documents and downloads folder into one even though they still show separately.

When I click on "This PC" and the folders show up, I right click, go to properties, locations, I change the location for the downloads folder and the change also applies to the documents folder too.

How do I restore them to being separate?

MiladinStojadinovic, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore

1. For mistake, I merge download folder and :/D folder , how to restore - Similar Threads - mistake merge download

2. by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back: by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back .tried all the methods still got stuck here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-deleted-my-downloads-folder-and/03b384d4-4636-4d7f-b030-3b415662bd66
  3. by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back: by mistake i deleted my downloads folder and unable to restore that back .tried all the methods still got stuck here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-mistake-i-deleted-my-downloads-folder-and/03b384d4-4636-4d7f-b030-3b415662bd66
  4. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,: I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse this, to make download folder to go again to local disk C When i try to change location from properties its shows me up there...
  5. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,: I tried to change location for my download folder but something go wrong and the folders got merged, is there any way to undo this?I want to reverse this, to make download folder to go again to local disk C When i try to change location from properties its shows me up there...
  6. I think i merge my download folder with local disk D,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Merged User folder and Download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merged User folder and Download folder: What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in...
  8. I merged my Downloads and User Folder by accident, how to restore User Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I merged my Downloads and User Folder by accident, how to restore User Folder: I've accidentally merged my Downloads folder with my User folder when i was moving my old files to my newly installed SSD drive. I've already done what other suggested answers here did, to edit the registry of {374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B} to %USERPROFILE%\Downloads,...
  9. Moved Desktop folder merged with Public Desktop folder by mistake

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Desktop folder merged with Public Desktop folder by mistake: Hello So my friend tried the location of the personal folders like document and downloads, etc, but the whole thing got messed up and everything was named documents. And the real personal folders were redirected to the Public folder and not the original user one. So I played...
  10. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...