Windows 10: For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word

Discus and support For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm trying out WPS Office. Trying to use Writer. I need to change margins. Everytime I change margin width, and then close Writer, then open it again,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by milford, Jun 28, 2018.

1. milford Win User

For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word

I'm trying out WPS Office. Trying to use Writer. I need to change margins. Everytime I change margin width, and then close Writer, then open it again, the margin width is back to default. I even tried saving a blank Document with the changed width but it didn't work.

It does the same thing in MS Word. Cannot save margin width. Always goes back to default width.

Any idea how to "lock" the changed margin width?

:)

milford, Jun 28, 2018

2. WPS Office Changed Global MS Office Icons - How to change them back?

When you say wrong icons do you mean like Writer is now an Adobe PDF icon? Things like that? Or what was a Word icon is now Writer icon? If you are using WPS, and select a file to open with WPS, it will change the icon to WPS. If you want Microsoft's icons back you need to right click on the file, and select "open with", and then select Microsoft's program instead of WPS. You can't really have a Microsoft icon for an "open with WPS" file unless you maybe manually change the icon through properties.

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 28, 2018
  3. stonefly Win User
    losing MS Word

"but some times one has to scroll the list to click a program name to get the box to show up."

Yes, thank you. There was nothing to scroll. They gave me three choices: MS Word, WordPerfect, or choose another app. "Choose another app?" What app? I clicked "Choose another app, and again I had the choice between MS Word and Word Perfect. This time the check box was there, the check box I'd been searching for. I checked it and immediately all the icons in explorer that had been MS Word changed to WordPerfect. That's what I wanted to see.

Thanks again.

stonefly, Jun 28, 2018
  4. For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word

Peachtree E-mail Writer v3

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Peachtree E-mail Writer and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall Peachtree E-mail Writer:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Peachtree E-mail Writer and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word

1. For my next Dumb Question... WPS Writer and MS Word - Similar Threads - next Dumb Question

2. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  3. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  4. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  5. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  6. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  7. ms-wps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ms-wps: I keep getting this message whenever I open certain apps like google chrome it tells me to get an app called ms-wpc, it tells me to look for it in the Microsoft store but nothing is there, all help appreciated....
  8. WPS to WORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WPS to WORD: I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted everything to Word or deleted it before transferring to the flash. However, today 1 item didn't convert and without thinking I...
  9. MS Word Online Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word Online Question: I just found this available for free use online. Question, can I add a font I want to use, or is it only whats available in the online version? I got a thing for Star Trek fonts.*Smile 42145
  10. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are there any free add ons for wps writer?

2. is word and wps writer the same thing

3. is there an auto suggest next word in writer