Windows 10: For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds...

Discus and support For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this problem for at least half a year now, and it is REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING. Basically, my mechanical gaming keyboard randomly stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MH_VOID, Nov 25, 2018.

1. MH_VOID Win User

For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds...

Hello,
    I've had this problem for at least half a year now, and it is REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING.

Basically, my mechanical gaming keyboard randomly stops receiving inputs for approximately 1-20 seconds at a time and/or thinks I am inputting something I most certainly am not. This happens quite often and it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING, especially when I'm playing games, which I very often am. For example, I can be playing a game and suddenly I am unable to jump or my keyboard keeps on fucking moving me left or smth, so I fucking die because it, or I can be typing a message to a friend and suddenly the "j" key (or any other key) starts inputting like 50 fucking times which makes me need to go back and erase it, or I find that the past 20 words I wrote didn't fucking register. This is so fucking infuriating. I have followed DOZENS of troubleshooting guides, etc. to no avail. This, combined with that fucking "device disconnected" sound I hear like 20 times an hour is slowly driving me insane.

Additional information: I can confirm that this happens with other keyboards as well, including the built-in laptop keyboard, it is not a port issue, as I have used this in multiple different ports and currently have my mouse plugged into the same laptop USB port courtesy of a USB hub splitter thing (which I started using a couple months ago), this happens in any application whatsoever or even none at all -it evens happens sometimes when I'm trying to login-, re-installing Windows 10 didn't do shit, it doesn't matter if my computer is or is not charging, this happens in safe mode too, and my laptop is the Lenovo Legion Y-520. Fun Fact: there were 5 separate instances of my keyboard not registering inputs DURING THE WRITING OF THIS POST ALONE...

Please, for the love of god, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS!!!!!

:)

MH_VOID, Nov 25, 2018

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Input from keyboard randomly inputting commands.

Hi there!

So, I recently have been having a problem with my computer when it comes to keyboard input. I use a Windows Surface Pro 4, both with and without a dock, and with Windows 10 Pro.

Sometimes when I'm typing, my keyboard will randomly change to either typing commands that are usually aided by the Windows key, and other times it will straight up change keyboards while I'm typing. I believe this might be something with my windows key getting
    stuck, however this makes no sense as I use 3 separate keyboards in my day to day life (I have dock stations set up with mechanical keyboards).

I have also gone through Ease of Access and disabled all settings in here, and disabled fast start up, and I still am getting this issue on occasion.

Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?

ajbentoske, Nov 25, 2018
  4. For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds...

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds...

1. For over half a year now, my keyboard will randomly stop receiving inputs for ~1-20 seconds... - Similar Threads - half keyboard randomly

2. Half of my Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my Keyboard stopped working: The right half of my keyboard suddenly stopped working this morning. Some keys on the right are still working but the majority aren't.I went to Device manager -> view -> show hidden devices and the hidden HID Keyboard device had a code 45 error device disconnected.First, I...
  3. Half of my Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of my Keyboard stopped working: The right half of my keyboard suddenly stopped working this morning. Some keys on the right are still working but the majority aren't.I went to Device manager -> view -> show hidden devices and the hidden HID Keyboard device had a code 45 error device disconnected.First, I...
  4. Why does my pc randomly stop taking keyboard input?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc randomly stop taking keyboard input?: Whenever this happens I hear 4 windows usb disconnect sounds and my keyboard stops working. I then try to swap the keyboard and my computer refuses to take the news keyboards input. When it is working I have tried reinstalling the drivers but to no avail. How can I fix this?...
  5. Why does my pc randomly stop taking keyboard input?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc randomly stop taking keyboard input?: Whenever this happens I hear 4 windows usb disconnect sounds and my keyboard stops working. I then try to swap the keyboard and my computer refuses to take the news keyboards input. When it is working I have tried reinstalling the drivers but to no avail. How can I fix this?...
  6. Why does my pc randomly stop taking keyboard input?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input: I'm playing a game on my PC when suddenly my keyboard inputs don't register and any key I click results in this sound. It's not until I click my mouse that it functions again. This happens around every hour or so (just occured while I was typing that sentence, seems to happen...
  8. Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been Getting "Waves" of Random BSODs for Over a Year Now: So around this time last year my PC was constantly throwing out BSODs under heavy load. After days of troubleshooting with nothing working I finally just had to reinstall Windows. Since then I have switched out most of the hardware in my PC. Around the start of April, my PC...
  9. BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  10. random 1 second freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random 1 second freezes: I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out that every time my PC freezes systems CPU usage goes up by 20%. I then looked with Process Monitor what is happening and saw it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard stops receiving inputs randomly

2. why has my computer stopped receiving keyboard inputs

3. keyboard freezes randomly