Windows 10: for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell...

Discus and support for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cubing-Cuber2008 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cubing-Cuber2008, Jun 7, 2021.

1. for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell...

/u/Cubing-Cuber2008, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 7, 2021
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    Context menu now has "Powershell" instead of "Command Prompt"

Read this tutorial and it shows you how, step by step for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell... :)
    Show Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

OldMike65, Jun 7, 2021
  4. for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell...

Elevated Command prompt option replaced by Powershell

Hi All,

I am aware that, we have an option to revert to command prompt by using this option from the settings>Taskbar>

Replace Command Prompt with Windows Poweshell in the menu when i right click the start button

My question is different, when we try to open an elevated command prompt in some windows explorer - it still shows the powershell option only.

I will attach a screenshot of it. Kindly advice and guide step by step how to change the same to command prompt.

P.s : I have already changed the powershell option to command prompt in the Win+X menu - Did not helped

for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell... 71b4ee99-41ba-423b-8012-2b0e252b1420.png

for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell... 77a41170-f02f-4026-995d-e1bc57c1402f.png

--

Thanks in advance.

Harish T

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Harish Thiru, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell...

1. for people who are not aware, You can customize the Command Prompt and Windows Powershell... - Similar Threads - are aware customize

2. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Command Prompt Cursor: Greetings,I would like to customize the command prompt cursor, so that it is a vertical bar during insert mode, and an underscore during overstrike mode. Is this possible?Thanks,Shane....
  3. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize Command Prompt Cursor: Greetings,I would like to customize the command prompt cursor, so that it is a vertical bar during insert mode, and an underscore during overstrike mode. Is this possible?Thanks,Shane....
  4. Customize Command Prompt Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  7. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Command prompt what can you do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt what can you do?: Hello, I have just discovered the command prompt on my computer (search+cmd), but so far I can only change the font color. What can you do there not so everything? Will the changes only be saved there or do I change my whole computer? Do you know cool codes?...
  9. Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you open Elevated Command Prompt from Command Prompt?: I have read everything I can find on Error messages regarding looping of Preparing to Repair. I can not open my computer to Windows...it never loads. I started experiencing problems a while ago. Finally, I would be able to get on line, but only for about a minute before it...
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838