Windows 10: For setting up my mail-account, it requires Microsoft HELLO while I don't have Biometrics...

Discus and support For setting up my mail-account, it requires Microsoft HELLO while I don't have Biometrics... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; While I'm adding Outlook account (Live.com), it requires me to enter HELLO pin, while I don;t have that. My laptop does not even have biometrics... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JHULSM, Aug 12, 2019.

1. JHULSM Win User

For setting up my mail-account, it requires Microsoft HELLO while I don't have Biometrics...

While I'm adding Outlook account (Live.com), it requires me to enter HELLO pin, while I don;t have that. My laptop does not even have biometrics devices. How can I remove this requirement? Just want to connect to my online calendar!

:)

JHULSM, Aug 12, 2019

2. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    the problem with windows hello

Hi,

To assist you, we need additional information.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you update the biometric drivers?
    We recommend you to update the display drivers through Device manager. To do so, feel free to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, then select Device Manager.
    • Look for Biometric devices and expand it.
    • Right click on the listed biometric drivers and choose Update driver software.
    If the issue persists, you can try to create new user profile in your Windows. Select Start button, then choose Settings. In Settings, select Accounts -> Your email and accounts -> Add a Microsoft account. Check if you will be able to set up Windows Hello
    in a new user profile.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

For setting up my mail-account, it requires Microsoft HELLO while I don't have Biometrics...

Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Hi TouhaZohair,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Method 1: Update Chipset and Biometric Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

I would suggest you to refer the computer manufacturer’ website, and install the latest chipset and biometric drivers for the device. If you do not find the drivers on website, then you can contact the Manufacturer to get the compatible
    drivers.

Method 2: Remove and Add Fingerprint Options

Step 1: Remove Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click
      Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click
      Remove button
    3. Then Reboot your PC.

Step 2: Add Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click Add button
    3. Sign-out and sign-in to the
      Microsoft Account

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. For setting up my mail-account, it requires Microsoft HELLO while I don't have Biometrics... - Similar Threads - setting mail account

2. Who was the **** that made it a requirement to have a microsoft account to set up a PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who was the **** that made it a requirement to have a microsoft account to set up a PC?: My 78yo father needed a new computer because his old computer crashed. Bad HDD, non recoverable. I am helping him set up his new PC when it asks for a microsoft account to continue. It accepts his account but then wants to verify its him and sends him an email to prove it.If...
  3. Who was the **** that made it a requirement to have a microsoft account to set up a PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who was the **** that made it a requirement to have a microsoft account to set up a PC?: My 78yo father needed a new computer because his old computer crashed. Bad HDD, non recoverable. I am helping him set up his new PC when it asks for a microsoft account to continue. It accepts his account but then wants to verify its him and sends him an email to prove it.If...
  4. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!: Im trying to play minecraft kept logging me out but i just logged in this whole time But now it completely doesn't work. When I try to login to mojang, it says I have migrated to microsoft and tells me to go there Which is trueBut when I try to login to microsoft, it says...
  5. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!: Im trying to play minecraft kept logging me out but i just logged in this whole time But now it completely doesn't work. When I try to login to mojang, it says I have migrated to microsoft and tells me to go there Which is trueBut when I try to login to microsoft, it says...
  6. My Microsoft thinks I don't have an account!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account: Hi everyone, I am trying to set Offline Permissions, which is supposed to be under Settings in my Microsoft Account.However there isn't a Settings area in my account. Wondering why this is, and how I can set Offline Permissions so I can play Solitaire offline. It says I have...
  8. I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account

I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account: Hi everyone, I am trying to set Offline Permissions, which is supposed to be under Settings in my Microsoft Account.However there isn't a Settings area in my account. Wondering why this is, and how I can set Offline Permissions so I can play Solitaire offline. It says I have...
  9. I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender

I am having trouble setting up my gmail account in mail and calender: I can sign in as administrator and setup my gmail in mail but when I try to set it up in my regular account it will not work. is there any way that I can open the mail ap. as administrator?...