Windows 10: For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer

Discus and support For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The printer indicates no devices connected but I have printed in the past, It's only been the last few weeks that I have not been able to use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaryNeises, Sep 30, 2019.

1. For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer

The printer indicates no devices connected but I have printed in the past, It's only been the last few weeks that I have not been able to use it

:)

MaryNeises, Sep 30, 2019

2. Unable to find print option.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 and check if it helps:

Step 1:

1. Open Photo gallery and click on the photo that you want to print.

2. Click on the file tab from the top left side of the page.

3. Next select print and again print.

you will be able to print.

If however you are unable to find the print option then follow step 2.

Step 2:

• Once the document/picture is open in, press
      Ctrl+P.
    • Click Print as PDF button.
    • Check if the document prints as expected.
    Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 30, 2019
  3. unable to print

Hello,

Outdated drivers is one of the possible reasons why you cannot print documents. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• How is your printer connected to your computer, is it wired or
      wireless?
    • Did you make changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the methods in this
    article
    . Once on the page, you either select Troubleshooting
    or Advanced on the drop-down menu to help you fix printer issues.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 30, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer

1. For some reason I am unable to print anything from my computer - Similar Threads - reason unable print

2. I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am being blocked from installing anything on my computer yet I am the administrator.: Several weeks after reformatting computer and installing Win10, I cannot install printer drivers from cd; message given: "administrator has blocked you...' from installing this app... "contact administrator". I am the administrator of this computer, in fact I am the owner...
  3. My computer restarts for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts for no reason: My computer restarts for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...
  4. my printer is not printing from the computer

my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  5. My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting: My computer restarts constantly. When I am using my computer for no reason it is restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-restarts-constantly-when-i-am-using-my/57bb4177-8f96-43dd-9e96-3138c88a2bfa
  6. Print on anything on the computer such as emails, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print on anything on the computer such as emails, etc: I can barely makeout what I am reading on this page. Reading emails are impossible. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-on-anything-on-the-computer-such-as-emails/7ef13903-751a-4068-87c7-bbc50af9ee59
  7. For some reason I have suddenly lost my Microsoft connection on my computer. It was...

For some reason I have suddenly lost my Microsoft connection on my computer. It was...: All of a sudden I am not able to connect to my Microsoft games, etc. I was able to this morning. how do I get it back again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-i-have-suddenly-lost-my-microsoft/2439e0d7-dd90-46b2-b0da-f5bdc734729f
  8. My hp deskjet printer will not print anything from hp computer.

My hp deskjet printer will not print anything from hp computer.: I have followed all troubleshooting instructions with no success.. all items going into print queue and reading as error. I have cancelled all print jobs but same thing keeps on happening...help x...
  9. I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250

I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250: I am unable to scan from my canon MG4250 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-am-unable-to-scan-from-my-canon-mg4250/64c1be9e-ce33-4506-b2d7-1261b95e0aca
  10. I am unable to boot my desktop computer from Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    I am unable to boot my desktop computer from Blue Screen: My computer shows a blue screen and tells me that there is no administrator present and will not boot. I have tried a recovery disc and a windows disc to reload windows but it does not even want to recognise a disc is in the drive. how can I fix this and get my computer...