Windows 10: For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

Discus and support For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used Run with %temp%, temp, and prefetch and it does not work. Also, I used disk cleanup, but the 22 GB storage is still there. Therefore, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DerekFeitcher, Jan 15, 2020.

1. For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

I used Run with %temp%, temp, and prefetch and it does not work.

Also, I used disk cleanup, but the 22 GB storage is still there.

Therefore, I optimized and defragmented the whole hard drive, but it did not clean up all of the temporary files.

Is it possible that those temporary files are the system files? For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space. b3e09f7a-e2c4-4918-ab0e-94c6769e8884?upload=true.png

For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space. 0711d310-6916-484a-b8cf-c123e4d7561c?upload=true.png

:)

DerekFeitcher, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Deleting Temporary Files

Yes, they can, and should be, deleted periodically.

The temp folder provides workspace for programs. Programs can create temporary files there for their own temporary use. Each program should delete all its temporary files when it closes, but for various reasons it doesn't always happen (for example,
    if the program crashes, it never gets to do this). That's why it's a good idea to periodically clean out anything left there.

Also note that there are some program installations which work in two steps. The first step concludes by writing temporary files and rebooting. The second step starts automatically after rebooting and needs to find those files there (and then deletes
    them when it's done).

Other than doing it automatically when rebooting (that would interfere with installations like the kind I described), it's always safe to delete the contents of the temp folder. Because it's safe to delete any temp files that aren't open and in use
    by an application, and since Windows won't let you delete open files, it's safe to (try to) delete them at any time. If any fail to delete because they're open, they'll either be deleted automatically when the app using them closes, or you'll get them the
    next time you delete manually.

Some people may suggest that you reboot before deleting anything, but that's not necessary, for the reason described above (on the other hand, it doesn't hurt to do it).

Ken Blake, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

about temporary files which are not deleting

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues deleting temporary files. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

1. For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space. - Similar Threads - reason cannot delete

2. White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...: Hi L Dennis,Welcome to Microsoft Community.I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.The reason for the abnormal display of shortcuts may be that you changed the name of the icon before,Due to the system's caching mechanism, the icons may not be visible at that...
  3. White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White ICONS - I did all of the notes below and for some reason I cannot delete all .db...: Hi L Dennis,Welcome to Microsoft Community.I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.The reason for the abnormal display of shortcuts may be that you changed the name of the icon before,Due to the system's caching mechanism, the icons may not be visible at that...
  4. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  5. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  6. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary files?: Here it says i have 4GB Of Temporary files, but i open it in storage settings and only around 50mb is visible to delete, I've tried disk cleanup, and deleting the contents of temp and %temp% but still it is at 4gb Any Ideas? I dont have a windows.old either...
  7. How to delete all temporary files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I deleted all my temporary files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted all my temporary files: ⚠️URGENT⚠️ PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE⚠️ hi guys so i cleared all my temporary files and i really need them back and i wanted to know if there was snywsy to do that or sny websites that i could them bsck from for free because they one i found make me pay like 70 so yeah any help...
  9. File won't delete for some reason

File won't delete for some reason: I'm trying to get rid of some files but this message that says "There is a mismatch between the tag specified in the request and the tag present in the repartee point." I'm not sure how to easily get rid of it, can anyone help? submitted by /u/egg4tryingtimes [link]...
  10. Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/THELOLESTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiak80/trying_to_delete_that_file_but_for_some_reason_i/