Windows 10: For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

Discus and support For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options. See the image below, the alternative is disabled. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JW___, Jun 23, 2022.

1. JW___ Win User

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options. See the image below, the alternative is disabled. I just wanted to try out having it floating on desktop, and now I can't switch back...

:)

JW___, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Kahel13 Win User

Language Bar

Hi Jada Rae,

If you don't see the Language bar, do the following to check to see if the Language bar is hidden:

In Windows 10 and Windows 8

1. Press the Windows logo key and type Control to search for the Control Panel app.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change input methods.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Under Switching input methods, select the Use the desktop language bar when it’s available check box, and then click Options.
    6. Office 2016 Windows 8 Switching Input Methods.
    7. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab, and make sure that either the Floating On Desktop or the Docked in the taskbar option is selected.
    8. Office 2016 Windows 8 Text Services & Input Languages.

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.
    5. Language Bar tab
    6. Under Language Bar, check if the Hidden option is selected. If it is, select either Floating on Desktop or Docked in the taskbar.

Source

Hope this helps.

Kahel13, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Windows 10 - Language bar is missing after MSRA connection

Hi Чингиз Алматов,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. What is the build version of Windows 10 you are using?
    However, I suggest you to try this below method, and check if that helps.

Step: Check Language Bar is Hidden.

1. Press Windows logo and I key, open Settings
    2. Click on Devices
    3. Select Typing
    4. Select the option Advanced keyboard settings
    5. Then select Language bar options
    6. Check the box: Show text labels on the Language bar
    7. Then select the Language Bar tab and make sure that the
      Docked in the taskbar option is checked.
    8. Click on Apply and OK to exit, and check if that helps.

Kindly provide us the results so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 23, 2022
  4. For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

1. For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options - Similar Threads - reason can't choose

2. Language options in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language options in the taskbar: Why does US keyboard language keep showing up for me in the taskbar even though it is not enabled in the settings see below? I have the same problem on both my windows 11 computers. If I can't remove it, how do I disable the win+spacebar so I don't switch to it by mistake?...
  3. Language options in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language options in the taskbar: Why does US keyboard language keep showing up for me in the taskbar even though it is not enabled in the settings see below? I have the same problem on both my windows 11 computers. If I can't remove it, how do I disable the win+spacebar so I don't switch to it by mistake?...
  4. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  5. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  6. English language Options on taskbar

English language Options on taskbar: I am Win10 Pro 64bit fully updated.On bottom right of my Taskbar is ENG. I have English New Zealand US Keyboard selected as my language.Underneath is English United States US Dvorak Keyboard.Periodically US Dvorak "skips" to the top which i discover when my typing starts...
  7. For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options: For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options. See the image below, the alternative is disabled. I just wanted to try out having it floating on desktop, and now I can't switch back......
  8. Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar: I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced...
  9. Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar: I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced...
  10. Language bar options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar options: Hello, I use key sequence (Ctrl + key) for changing the input languages I use. Regularly my advanced key settings are restored to default, erased or something like this - nothing happens when I use Ctrl+key and when I go the the menu it's written "none". Also when I change...